Opinions & Reviews Needed ......

beth_s

I will be travelin' on the Sensation out of New Orleans November 15th ... and yes I am excited ....... it is about to drive our whole group crazy .... However ..... we have never traveled to New Orleans ....... I have scoped many many many .... did I mention many hotels in New Orleans via the internet ..... I have called 'em to check the cruise rates and let me tell ya not too many of them have very good rates around the town ...... LOL .... However I have found a Days Inn that is located on Canal St ..... I was just curious if any of you CC pros had ever stayed there? .... and if so how was it ....... Our group is just looking for a nice, clean, and friendly hotel to stay in ....... any information would be greatly appreciated ....... Happy Cruisin'...

Beth

Beth.... For our cruise this year, we didn't need parking...so we went on priceline and got the Hilton Riverside (a 4* hotel) for $45. It was right at the pier and was an awesome location. I understand that some of the hotels have parking inclusive packages that may make them a better deal than this, but I can't believe $45 for a 4* in New Orleans!

I tried for the Hilton for 4 nights precruise next month....but no way could I get it. Friday night was available for $99, but the three before that were all in the $300 to $400 range per night. :eek: If you check out the ports of Call board there were some hotel discussions. I brought up the Days Inn, but someone basically told me it was a DUMP....but HER dump, could be MY clean, no-frills hotel, just to sleep in!! :confused:

We actually wound up at the Masion St. Charles. :D

Will you be driving to NO? We were there in August and stayed at the Hilton Riverside. They do have a Hilton Cruisin package for $99.00. That is only for one night before the cruise and it includes 7 days parking. They actually charge $22.00 for the first night of parking and the rest of the week is free. The hotel is great and within walking distance of the pier. We drove our luggage over there and brought the car back to the hotel. Jumped on the trolley for $1.25 and was back at the pier in 5 minutes. We could have walked but it was very warm in August :-)

If you do choose the Hilton Cruisin package, you will have to call the hotel direct - it is not listed on their website.

Happy Sailing!

I booked the Ambassador for $70/night on the Orbitz website for a 2-night pre-cruise stay for our December sailing on the Sensation. It's a 3* in the Warehouse district - a few blocks from the Quarter and from the Riverwalk. The pictures look great and I've read some good reviews of the hotel, too.

Bunkie: sometimes it takes a while for a bid to be accepted on Priceline: It took me 6 weeks of bidding every 72 hours to get a hyatt in Miami. Got it for 38 bucks so it was worth the hassle. Try it again.

We tried for 3 months to get a hotel on PL for the 10/23 weekend... there is alot going on that weekend and there was just nothing available... actually did a search on all PL hotels in that area and they were all sold out... we ended up with the cruise special at the Hilton... $99 was great, got it for the night before and the night after... right in the heart of everything. Check what is going on in NOLA, if there is any sort of festival or near a holiday, the Hilton deal will probably be the way to go! Have fun Beth, I know you will girl!

Check what is going on in NOLA, if there is any sort of festival or near a holiday, the Hilton deal will probably be the way to go! Have fun Beth, I know you will girl!

The rumor is there is a BIG Medical Convention that weekend ....... woo hooo ....lol ....so I expect the hotels in the area to book up rather quickly ...... We changed our minds about the Days Inn because we heard it was in such a bad part of town .....and that is was not a very good hotel ... read reviews about headboards falling off the wall ....LMAO ....could you imagine ... then I would have to cruise w/ a concussion ....... LOL ..... We ended up booking at the Best Western Westbank ... it is about 8 miles from the pier ......but we booked 3 rooms for 211.87 (AAA rate) that is including taxes and all ....and complimentary parking for the week as well .... hotel staff super friendly and helpful over the phone ........ So we are happy .... and excited .... the suspension is killing us ...... but you are right girlie .... we will be having some fun now ....... LOL .... Happy Cruisin'

Beth

I will be travelin' on the Sensation out of New Orleans November 15th ... and yes I am excited ....... it is about to drive our whole group crazy .... However ..... we have never traveled to New Orleans ....... I have scoped many many many .... did I mention many hotels in New Orleans via the internet ..... I have called 'em to check the cruise rates and let me tell ya not too many of them have very good rates around the town ...... LOL .... However I have found a Days Inn that is located on Canal St ..... I was just curious if any of you CC pros had ever stayed there? .... and if so how was it ....... Our group is just looking for a nice, clean, and friendly hotel to stay in ....... any information would be greatly appreciated ....... Happy Cruisin'...

Beth

NO you do NOT want to stay in that dump!! We stayed at the Ambassador Hotel at a very good price and since we had rolling luggage we was able to walk from the pier to the hotel. They kept our luggage until checkin time while we checked out New Orleans. This hotel while it is NOT luxury was a great price,very friendly and they have a restaurant and bar. Do be careful though as while we was there someone got their purse stolen and the police was all over the place.We found the rooms nothing special but very clean and comfortable.We also found that with normal healthy people you can walk to the french quarter. If they still have them, you must try their sweet potato fries along with their club sandwich which I LOVED!However, I would NOT pay over $80 a nite for this hotel. Hope this helps!

NO you do NOT want to stay in that dump!!QUOTE]

That must really be the truth ..... LOL .... everyone THANK GOODNESS ... has told me this ....... We ended up booking at the Best Western Westbank ... it is about 7 miles from the pier .....but we got a SUPER low rate w/ our AAA discount .... and the hotel looks AWESOME TOO ...... woo hoooo ..... but yeah that whole Days Inn thing was a close call ... thank goodness for these boards .... or I woulda been one mad country cruiser ....LMAO ... Happy Cruisin' ....

Beth

Archived