Back and planning our next cruise!

dea71

Hi!

Well we are back from our FABULOUS cruise aboard Pacific Dawn (March 7th). Will attempt a review early next week (when kids are back at Kindy!).

We are already talking about our next cruise so from that you can gather that we had a fantastic time on our first family cruise - Miss 3 had a ball and little Master 1 constantly had a smile and a laugh which is all you can ask for!

Crew were great, cabin was more than comfortable, food was on the whole good, loved Champagne Bay and Mystery Island (nice and relaxing - hubby a big fan of the Champagne Bay lobster!), Turtle Cove a huge hit and became part of the furniture at the Bengal Bar......all in all a great time!! Only problem - the dryers in the laundry - seemed to have shrunk all our clothes - better watch out!

Thanks again for all the advice - much of it invaluable and I am sure made our trip the great holiday it was!

More soon - maybe even pics if I can figure it out!

Dea

:)

Hi Dea,

Just wondering do you really mean that the dryers shrunk your clothes??. Or were you joking (meaning you must have put on weight due to the food!lol). I am going on the PD 2nd May and was planning on using the laundry but if the dryers wreck your clothes then I will avoid using them.

Thanks

Trish (NEWYORK40)

Hi Trish....

No - just wayyyyyy to much food!! The laundries are well set up but did get more crowded as the cruise went on - especially mid afternoon. There are 2 laundries on board - deck 5 and 10 I think. I believe the deck 10 one was the larger one. Also there is a steady queue for the irons so try to pack crease free or hang everything as soon as you get there.

We also took advantage of the special that they had on about day 7 of our cruise - laundry and pressing of 20 items for $25 - well worth ot I figured if it kept me away from that ironing board :p I believe they have it on most cruises - keep an eye on the Pacific Daily for info.

Happy Planning!

Dea

Thanks Dea,

What a relief!, that laundry deal sound good. I took advantage of a similar deal when we went to BALI for xmas 2006. So lovely to get all your clothes back beautifully pressed (they even ironed the underwear!lol). While I am at it I have had no answers from anyone re the cost of a shampoo/blowdry on the PD. Do you have any info?.

many thanks

Trish (NEWYORK40)

Some of the info from the Lotus Spa

Shampoo Cut & Style Short $65/Medium$83/Long$87

Blow Wave/Set $39/$43/$54

up Style $54

Exotic Frangipani Hair & Scalp Ritual - $32 - looked divine!!

They also had a girls night out special available a couple of days

Scalp massage, eye treatment, neck collagen treatment followed by washing and styling of hair or upstyle $60 (wasn't available formal nights)

They always had some sort of special for the salon/spa on the Pacific Daily so keep an eye out. One of our friends had her hair washed and blowdryed for formal night - looked great. Unfortunatley with 2 littlies under 4 I didn't get the chance to worry about my hair - happy if it was brushed and didn't have someone's icecream in it!!!

I have the Lotus Spa 'menu' if you are interested - my scanner is on the blink at the moment but happy to email when it is fixed.

Dea

There are 2 laundries on board - deck 5 and 10 I think. I believe the deck 10 one was the larger one.

Happy Planning!

Dea

I never used the one on deck 10 but I thought I heard someone say they were the same size. The one on deck 5 had 10 washing machines & 10 dryers.

That sounds the same as the one on deck 10, Karen. It was really handy as it was only about 5 doors down from our cabin. Very useful. And we had no noise or traffic from it either.

The laundries are great.

Archived