Packing List--I just need the link!

swimmingD

I know that there are millions of threads out there for this but I can't find them!:( I thought I booked marked one, but must not of. As usual, the search function is not working (I did look a few pages back). So if you have a link to a thread that would be great! Or if you would like to commit feel free...:D

Thanks!

P.S. I promise I will bookmark it this time.

alcohol pads

back pack

bandaids

bathing suit cover up

bathing suits

batteries

Benadryl for allergic reactions

binoculars

bottle sleeve/bottle carrier

bug spray/wipes

bungee cords

Business cards printed with names and email address (to give to new friends)

cameras (disposable, waterproof, digital, charger) - Mark Camera with name

cell phone and charger

clothespins

conditioner (hair)

cotton balls

dental floss

deodorant

dollar bills for tips to room service, sky cap, luggage handlers

Downy Wrinkle Release,

dryer sheets

duct tape

emery boards

evening bag

evening clothes

extension cord

extra contacts

extra contact solution

eye glasses

Fabreeze

Fan handheld battery (they REALLY come in handy during muster drill)

fish food

flash light

hairspray

hand sanitizer

high lighter pens

insulated travel mug

insulated lunch bag

LANYARD OR CORD TO WEAR AROUND NECK with room key

Lysol

makeup

moisturizer

Neosporin

night light to keep in bathroom; the rooms get really dark at night

notebook

pack of playing cards

Pepto bismal tablets

plastic clothes hangers

post it notes

pre cut sheets of aluminum foil

Preaddressed postcard labels and return address labels

prescription drugs

Q tips

rain ponchos

reading material

room freshener

shampoo

Shoe bag - Over the door

stamps

suction cup hooks

sun block

sunglasses

toothbrushes

toothpicks

travel Documents

Travel alarm clock that lights up

tweezers

Tylenol

water proof carrying case thing that goes around your neck

water bottles

wine bottle opener

ZIP lock bags - 2 gallon size for wet clothes, dirty clothes. Press all the air out and seal.

ZipLock bags (small for digital camera in one to prevent condensation

Another thing to bring, and people will love you for this, Gas-X.

Be prepared is my moto!

Most important - Take ZipLok freezer bags large enough to seal your camera inside. When you go from the cool ship into the hot, humid Hawaiian (or Caribbean) air, or from your room onto your balcony, your camera will form condensation - both outside and inside. Especially if you have a digital, use the ZipLoc bags. Try to get as much air out of the bag as possible when you zip it. Then leave the camera inside the plastic bag until it warms up. Any condensation will form on the soft plastic, instead of inside and on the camera. If you're in a hurry to warm it up (for example, to take a sunrise or sunset photo), you can warm the camera under your arm. Try this. It works, and will save you having to replace your digital camera too soon.

· safety pins (my husband left his belt at secuirty in the terminal; my son's clip-on tie was broken)

· Our own first-aid kit (including imodium, aspirin, etc.)

I had this saved in my documents. There are even more detailed ones out there. Is this good enough?

Funny, just yesterday I made up a list for my buddy who's taking his first cruise. As I was finishing the email, I realized how good it was - for me - that I emailed it to myself at work to print out a couple of copies (no printer here at home).

Because it's hard to find the topic sometimes and I don't want to read every single entry until I find it, I stumbled on a way to sorta cut that process in half. I don't know if would help you, but I've tried it a couple of times when I am doing searches and I've met with great success.

At the top of the threads, there is a name (tab) called "thread/new threads" highlighted in blue. I hit the threads tab side and it puts all the threads listed below in alphabetical order. Sometimes I have to hit the tab twice, but it will go in alphabetical starting with the numbers.

Since you would be seaching packing lists I'd then start by looking at the pages on the right side and because "P" for packing is down a bit, it might take several pages tabs to get to the "p"s.

Hope this helps you find your seach easier.:)

alcohol pads

back pack

bandaids

bathing suit cover up

bathing suits

batteries

Benadryl for allergic reactions

binoculars

bottle sleeve/bottle carrier

bug spray/wipes

bungee cords

Business cards printed with names and email address (to give to new friends)

cameras (disposable, waterproof, digital, charger) - Mark Camera with name

cell phone and charger

clothespins

conditioner (hair)

cotton balls

dental floss

deodorant

dollar bills for tips to room service, sky cap, luggage handlers

Downy Wrinkle Release,

dryer sheets

duct tape

emery boards

evening bag

evening clothes

extension cord

extra contacts

extra contact solution

eye glasses

Fabreeze

Fan handheld battery (they REALLY come in handy during muster drill)

fish food

flash light

hairspray

hand sanitizer

high lighter pens

insulated travel mug

insulated lunch bag

LANYARD OR CORD TO WEAR AROUND NECK with room key

Lysol

makeup

moisturizer

Neosporin

night light to keep in bathroom; the rooms get really dark at night

notebook

pack of playing cards

Pepto bismal tablets

plastic clothes hangers

post it notes

pre cut sheets of aluminum foil

Preaddressed postcard labels and return address labels

prescription drugs

Q tips

rain ponchos

reading material

room freshener

shampoo

Shoe bag - Over the door

stamps

suction cup hooks

sun block

sunglasses

toothbrushes

toothpicks

travel Documents

Travel alarm clock that lights up

tweezers

Tylenol

water proof carrying case thing that goes around your neck

water bottles

wine bottle opener

ZIP lock bags - 2 gallon size for wet clothes, dirty clothes. Press all the air out and seal.

ZipLock bags (small for digital camera in one to prevent condensation

Another thing to bring, and people will love you for this, Gas-X.

Be prepared is my moto!

Most important - Take ZipLok freezer bags large enough to seal your camera inside. When you go from the cool ship into the hot, humid Hawaiian (or Caribbean) air, or from your room onto your balcony, your camera will form condensation - both outside and inside. Especially if you have a digital, use the ZipLoc bags. Try to get as much air out of the bag as possible when you zip it. Then leave the camera inside the plastic bag until it warms up. Any condensation will form on the soft plastic, instead of inside and on the camera. If you're in a hurry to warm it up (for example, to take a sunrise or sunset photo), you can warm the camera under your arm. Try this. It works, and will save you having to replace your digital camera too soon.

· safety pins (my husband left his belt at secuirty in the terminal; my son's clip-on tie was broken)

· Our own first-aid kit (including imodium, aspirin, etc.)

I had this saved in my documents. There are even more detailed ones out there. Is this good enough?

WOW..this is some list! If I packed all that, where would I have room for my clothes and shoes?:eek:

I just realized the tabs are in red, not blue.

Also there is a massive list --Calgon's Ultimate Packing List-- I printed out the pages and there were 12 pages altogether. You might want to google that name and see what comes up.

I know that there are millions of threads out there for this but I can't find them!:( I thought I booked marked one, but must not of. As usual, the search function is not working (I did look a few pages back). So if you have a link to a thread that would be great! Or if you would like to commit feel free...:D

Forget about a list that someone else has made up. Look at what you use everyday in your bathroom & look for ways to pack these items that are smaller..we keep a toiletry bag packed at all times & just toss it in the suitcase. Pick 2 colors (like black & white) and tops that mix & match & can be worn twice. Same colors with capri/shorts with t shirts that go with either. Take your favorite shoes that can be worn with most outfits &

Thanks!

P.S. I promise I will bookmark it this time.

Thanks!

Forget about a list that someone else has made up. Look at what you use everyday in your bathroom & look for ways to pack these items that are smaller..we keep a toiletry bag packed at all times & just toss it in the suitcase. Pick 2 colors (like black & white) and tops that mix & match & can be worn twice. Same colors with capri/shorts with t shirts that go with either. Take your favorite shoes that can be worn with most outfits &

a couple bathingsuits & some undies. Anything else is up to what you need. Look at the lists & see what might be a good thing, but pack as little as you can. I know it's easier said than done, but usually anything can be purchased on the ship or at a port.

Jan

Jan

Archived