How do you "soak" you wetsuit

dirvin0500

I have had "Sink the Stink" recommended to clean our wetsuits after diving however, I have read that we are to soak the wetsuits in the product and let the wetsuit dry with the product in it without rinsing it out.

Does anyone have any ideas for cleaning our wetsuits after our dive and before we get home.

Big black garbage bag in the shower.

A lot of showers are a head on a hose. You fill the the bag with the suits and put in water with the cleaner and tie the top off. Let it soak for a while then open the bag and let the water run out.

Does anyone have any ideas for cleaning our wetsuits after our dive and before we get home.

Dont pee in it..... :D We recently had a thread on that one....

Also I take a bit if downy fabric softner and sponge it on, let sit for awhile and do a quick rinse. The fabric softner will keep the neoprene soft and from drying out. The garbage bag ideal sounds cool, but I'd make sure it's pretty thick and not the "flex" kind.

Randall

Love the garbage bag idea! Will have to try that. We don't use the Sink the Stink until the end of the trip, just rinse every really well in the shower after each dive. We always use shampoo in the booties after every dive. After the last dive we work as a team, holding the ends of the arms and legs, fill with water and a squirt of the STS, shake around, then dump. Works pretty good.

http://www.cruisedivers.blogspot.com

Wash it in the shower, or soak it in the tub, hang it either out on the balcony, or the little retractable clothesline in the bathroom, and that's it. Why drag some kind of detergent in your luggage?:eek: Jez, this "sink the stink" is just another way to take money from divers who don't know any better. When you get back home, it you need a wet suit that smells like "April fresh downy", soak it in your washing machine, and hang it out to dry.:rolleyes:

Agree about sink the stink, it's not necessary. We rinse our wetsuits after every use in a tub of fresh water with a very mild detergent. Because you are on a cruise this may not be possible. I used to take my suit with me in the shower and rinse rinse rinse. Let drip dry then take outside to dry some more. Avoid leaving out in the sun too long as it will discolor and lose it's shape and dry it out too much.

Archived