Ya Hoo!! Room Assigned Today...Did we do OK???

CruzinWithMom

Travelling May 18th with my Mom who is a new widow. We received our room assignment today and my Mom and I are so excited. I had booked a Balcony Guarantee. Today we received our stateroom..It's an 8G Category...Room 7215. I was wondering if we did OK with this assignment and if anyone has stayed in this room??? This is my first cruise with Carnival and I'm not familiar with the Carnival Legend Ship. This is all my Mom is looking forward to and I really want this to be special. Any information about this room would really be appreciated. One other question...what are the shopping facilities like on board this ship?

Very nice upgrade! You got the deep balcony on the Verandah deck... Good for you and your mom!

My most sincere condolences on the loss of your father. I hope you and your mom have a magnificent cruise.

God bless...

Mach

Excellent upgrade! I hope we do as well! We stayed in 8169 in Nov...loved it...extended balcony...midship. The one plus you have is that you won't hear any noise from the Lido deck above (not that we heard much of anything, but some people have compalined about it). We are not big shoppers....our favorite place was the combination liquor/souvenirs/casual clothes/snacks type of store. I know they also had jewelry and other clothing stores...can't tell you what else.

I hope the cruise is fun and a good healing experience for you and your Mom. We just LOVE the Legend...great ship, excellent staff and wonderful itineraries! We're going to repeat it next year! Have fun...enjoy! Oh and if you want a calm place in the evenings, the adult pool bar aft was great for that when we sailed.

Peaceful and outside enjoying the sea air......ahhhhhhhhhhh!:)

Which ship are you on? We are on the Victory leaving May 18, also with a balcony guarantee. We have cabin 9254.

rufflesmom,

Here is the roll call for our cruise. Come by and say Hi!! We need somebody from Missouri on board with us! It'll be great.

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=683657&page=13

I was wondering if we did OK with this assignment and if anyone has stayed in this room??? quote]

Haven't been on the Legend but looks like a GREAT cabin location. It's mid-ship, with cabins above and below (which means little possibility of extra noise from chairs on the Lido deck above or music on the Promenade deck below). Yep, right smack dab in the middle of it all, that's where I'd want to be!!

Here's wishing you and your Mom a wonderful cruise:)

Thanks to all...If you could see the look on my Mom's face when we talk about how many more sleeps till the trip...(Mom is on meds for Alzheimers-early stage) so time is confusing for her. Thanks for all the kind words...that speaks volumes of what "Cruise Folks" are made of.....Thanks from both my Mom and myself.....:) :) :) :)

that is a very good upgrade. We got something similar on the Legend when we booked a BL but not the extended balcony....though on ours some extended and suites are still open so praying that we get another upgrade:)

That deck will be great though, b/c it is high....yet no noise problems.

Hope you and your mother have a wonderful trip!

Archived