MSC Musica misc questions

WeLuvCruising

Hi looking for some help on the following....appreciate any help ....

1. What are the cabin phone rates per minute? there seems to be a discrepancy in charges that I've read, please confirm if you know the charge per minute and please confirm if the charges are in Euros.

2. Does anybody have a seating chart for Le Maxim? (hoping not to be assigned a bad table) if you have any .....eeewww don't be sitting there table numbers, would love for you to pass along.

3. Does anyone have a Daily program from the Med last year - would love a copy.

Any pointers for this ship you would like to pass along will be appeciated as well,

Thanks tons!

Happy Sailings,

Barb

I've noted below answers to your questions as best as I can. Hope this helps you

1. What are the cabin phone rates per minute? there seems to be a discrepancy in charges that I've read, please confirm if you know the charge per minute and please confirm if the charges are in Euros. Reply - if the ship is in Europe they charge you in Euros (same currency as your cruise account) US $ if in the caribbean, I can't remember MSC's rate by the minute but I do recall it was so expensive, I swore never again!. There is a Guest Book of Info in your cabin and it will provide this information for you. I rememeber that I made 2 calls to the UK from the caribbean (don't think they were particaularly long 5 or 10 minutesd max each) and got a bill for almost $200. So decided that unless it was an absolute emergency, I'd wait to call home until I was in port and could get a signal on my mobile phone

2. Does anybody have a seating chart for Le Maxim? (hoping not to be assigned a bad table) if you have any .....eeewww don't be sitting there table numbers, would love for you to pass along. Reply - I'd be surprised if anyone has this. I've not been on this ship but have sailed many times with MSC and never seen a plan of any of their dining rooms (I'd have loved this for the first few days to help remind me which area my table was in as my sense of direction can be a wee bit challenged at times!)

3. Does anyone have a Daily program from the Med last year - would love a copy. (i've done 3 med cruises with MSC (as well as other areas) and their daily programmes dont change that much, Haven't kept copies but basically the first page usually tells you a bit about the arrival and last sailing time for the Port of call, a wee bit on the Port (you get another leaflet that provides more Port Info separately), dress code for dinner that day and some navigation info. Back page has all the opening hours for the various bars, restaurants and shops and contact tel numbers. Inside left page are details of any activities during the day ( classes, art auctions, games on deck or in lounges, card compettitions, which lounges have live bands etc, pilates/yoga classes in the gym, details of any special offers in shops or spa). Inside right page will have information on the main show, all the other evening activities, where live music is being played, the theme of the midnight buffet, the cocktail, martini and virgin cocktail of the day (these are always cheaper than the others)) Hope this helps?

Have fun when you go

Mairi

Any pointers for this ship you would like to pass along will be appeciated as well,

Thanks tons!

Happy Sailings,

Barb

1. What are the cabin phone rates per minute? there seems to be a discrepancy in charges that I've read, please confirm if you know the charge per minute and please confirm if the charges are in Euros.

re the phone charges, I have read in our documents that the phone charges are approximately $A10 per minute. (approx 5.83 euro)

Thanks for the updates, a friend of mine will be on the ship in May, she has no computer access and needed to know if I could help.

Does the ship dock in each of the european ports? any tenders that I should advise her of?

Thanks everybody,

Archived