Cayo Levantado

vpoopsy

When we went last year we bought the non-alcohol drink tixs for the kids...we didn't buy the beer and wine - just bought the drink specials, beers when we wanted them and then typically had the house caraf of wine at dinner ---I LOVE WINE...but not a wine snob where I have to sniff the cork and swirl the glass...if the label has WINE on it --I'm good so the house and the occasional pricey glass of Italian wine worked just fine for me!

I think this time - we probably will get the kids their cards again and go ahead and buy a cocktail book for us...but to be honest - I am going to bring a couple bottles of wine (Shiraz and Merlot) and pick up a few interesting bottles in ports. Sounds like several people have gotten thru with their wine stashes and even able to bring their wine bought in ports back to their rooms...actually, we did buy some Godiva Liqueur and other bottles I can't remember in ports and they did not take them away when we came back onboard!:p

I want to leave today...for those of you considering the drive -- we've mapped it - half way point is somewhere in Mississippi...it's 1300 miles...:eek: but we can leave here on Wednesday and should be in Ft. Lauderdale by Friday...rest up and get on the ship...going won't be so bad since we'll be excited about the cruise...it's coming home and we'll have to push it to get home...not a fun road trip at all.

Cruizinmom,

Cayo L is a small island, so everything is in walking distance. We you get off the tender, you will be met by some locals in traditional costumes. A short way beyond that, you will see the map that I posted. Just after that are several vendors. Keep going straight and you will come to some massage therapist tables straight ahead and to the left will be the beach. It is not far to walk at all.

I was sick that day, but thought that the island looked so beautiful that I would venture out anyway. I am not really a beach person who can sit in the sun for hours, but I did get into the water, which was very nice.

I really enjoyed the island. I have some video that I will put up when I get really ambitious.

macruise

Hi Sprtsgy,

I think I saw you on the Orchestra roll call for 4/11/09. That's when we're going. It will be me, DH, DD 13, and DS 11. We are also from NC too!

Outstanding. Where in NC (if I may ask)?

When we went last year we bought the non-alcohol drink tixs for the kids...- we probably will get the kids their cards again

How much did the drink tixs/cards cost? Also, the reviews I've read are all from Mediterranian itineraries...so I'm a little confused...on the Caribbean trips are there some drinks included with dinner(water, tea, etc?) and are all the meals included (except specialty restaurants, of course)?

Here is some info on the drink package offered on the Caribbean itinerary:

There is a soda card for $25.

Also, a junior card for 5 soft drinks and 5 alcohol-free cocktails for $28

The beer package is $33 for 14 20cl drafts and $57 for 14 40cl drafts.

There are also several wine packages.

We found the 1/2 carafe at dinner($8) to be a good value. Got 4 glasses out of it.

House wine is $3.50 per glass, so this was a good deal.

You do not pay for tap water or iced tea at dinner, but iced tea was never offered. We always had to request it. On other cruises, the servers carried around pitchers of iced tea and refilled glasses. This never happened on our cruise. We always had to ask for both the iced tea and the refills.

There are NO specialty restaurants on the Lirica, so all meals are included.

There were little pastry type snacks for sale at the Coffee Corner. Specialty coffees here came with a charge.

Hope this helps.

Archived