Pirate Soul Museum in Key West

ladyvette826

Has anyone here ever done this tour while in Key West? I will be cruising with my 14 year old son next week and this will be his first cruise. I would love to find an excursion that he might enjoy while we are there. This one sounds neat, but you never know!

My friends are going to the Butterfly Conservatory, but since this will be his first cruise, I wanted to see if there might be other options that would be fun for a teenager.

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions!

We did the museum back in Jan.

Don't go through the crusie for tix. You can walk right up to the museum and get a much better deal. Key West is a very small town and very easy to get around in. Just take the train into town.

BTW, if you like seafood you have to try the Conch Rep Seafood Co.

We did the museum back in Jan.

Don't go through the crusie for tix. You can walk right up to the museum and get a much better deal. Key West is a very small town and very easy to get around in. Just take the train into town.

BTW, if you like seafood you have to try the Conch Rep Seafood Co.

We did this museum last Feb and it was great. Dont book through the ship, just walk there and buy tickets.

Well worth it, and I agree about not booking through the ship.

Just in case your not sure don`t book the museum thru the cruise line. ;)

This is about the only town where I would recommend to someone I do not know to go outside CCL for an excursion. You most likely will dock at the outer mole. From there a free short train ride to town. Your near almost everything downtown. If you are lucky you will dock downtown. This happened to us last time when on the Freedom.

Has anyone here ever done this tour while in Key West? I will be cruising with my 14 year old son next week and this will be his first cruise. I would love to find an excursion that he might enjoy while we are there. This one sounds neat, but you never know!

My friends are going to the Butterfly Conservatory, but since this will be his first cruise, I wanted to see if there might be other options that would be fun for a teenager.

Thanks for any feedback or suggestions!

Key West is a very safe City. IMO its one of carnivals best port. There is a lot to see there and not enough time. Look online at Key West and like others have said don't book with the ship. You can save a lot of money if you book on your own. My kids Loved the butterfly conservatory. There is enought time to see it as well as many other things.

Wow! Thanks so much, everyone! I appreciate all of your suggestions and I won't book through the ship. I might also try a couple of the other things that you all mentioned if we have enough time. The ghost tour sounds fun!

When we went to Key West on the Celebration. It was an easy walk to the Pirate Museum from the ship without taking any ride into town. We enjoyed the museum and we had already been to the one in Nassau. We also went to the Hemingway house on our first Celebration cruise. That was a long walk. Our kids liked the Hemingway house because of the cats. I'm not sure how a 14 year old boy would like it.

When we went to Key West on the Celebration. It was an easy walk to the Pirate Museum from the ship without taking any ride into town. We enjoyed the museum and we had already been to the one in Nassau. We also went to the Hemingway house on our first Celebration cruise. That was a long walk. Our kids liked the Hemingway house because of the cats. I'm not sure how a 14 year old boy would like it.

Sounds like you were docked downtown.

Archived