kid camp can an 11 year old use 14 year camp

pertfred

It's not very likely. Both of your children are at the top age limit of their respective groups (ages 9-11 and ages 12-14). Think about it....most 14 year olds don't want an 11 year old hanging with them.

Rather than have the younger try to get into the older group, your kids can go to the pool, hang out in the arcade or just hang out.

I think the 12-14 yr old group is now called Circle C. It's geared more like the older teen club. You can search the Circle C threads to see what the activities are. Now I know the 9-11 group is more like a day camp with scavenger hunts, t shirt coloring, water balloon fights. If your 11 yr old is close to turning 12, the counselors may let you move her up. But, I would agree with buddyjo if you want them to hang out together maybe that could be done outside the Kids Club.

On the Liberty, can my 11 year old use the same camp as her 14 year old brother?

No they can't. They were pretty strict about that with our 10 & 12 year old boys. One reason is that 11 and under get a colored band for mustering (in case of emergency). Camp Carnival is trained to take the kids to what says on the band. I guess the 12-14 counselors aren't trained for such things! :p

It's not very likely. Both of your children are at the top age limit of their respective groups (ages 9-11 and ages 12-14). Think about it....most 14 year olds don't want an 11 year old hanging with them.

Rather than have the younger try to get into the older group, your kids can go to the pool, hang out in the arcade or just hang out.

My DS was almost 10 when we cruised. He found kids club boring. He only wanted to go at night when they could play video games.

i dont think they can move up but i know when we were on the Legend last year they let my daughter move down (she was 12) and hang with the 9-11....her group on had one other child so it was borning for her...lol....she had a great time with the kids in the group she was with

In our experience it is not very likely. On one of our cruises we had two cousins that were best buddies and only 10 months apart. Unfortunately the cruise came at a time when one was 12 and one 13. At that time that put the 12 yr old with the 10 - 12 and the 13 year old with the teenagers. They were still requiring arm bands for 12 year olds also. They would let the 13 year old go down for some activities but did not let the 12 year old go up.

I am sure alot has to do with liability. The staff ratio per child is much higher for the younger groups. Also as previous posters stated, the older kids may not be too happy about a bunch of "kids" coming into "their" hangout. You have to remember if they let one 11 year old go with the teenagers than they would have a hard time not letting all of them go.

No. What 14 year old wants a younger child in their group.Their group is scared to them.Also that group can sign themselves out.

Steve

On CArnival, parents can sign a waiver for 9 and up to be able to sign themselves out. Kids must able to sign out to participate in scavanger hunts.

Archived