any gays on adventure of seas 10-26-08

kris4842

Just thought I would check in and say hi to see how everyone is doing. We have been watching flights and they are definately going up in price.

Right now we are doing the flight throught RCCL but may change that if prices go back down.

Hope everyone is having a great week.

Kent & Andy

Doing great here. Been watching the airfares too. Although we are already locked in, I keep checking. Since we booked, it went down $20 per person the next week, and then up $40 the week after. Interestingly, the return segment is $70 higher than the outbound.

We had thought about the air/cruise pkg, but we couldn't work in our 2 extra days on the front end. Is it saving you a considerable amount from the published air fares?

I hope we still go on this cruise but rccl has been very shady to us, they changed our room and are blaming it on us and being mean about it

Hey! Haven't heard from you in a few weeks. Hope all is well.

What's the latest news on your dealings with the cruise line? We hope that is has been worked out, and that you are still sailing with us.

Jon & Tony

Doing great here. Been watching the airfares too. Although we are already locked in, I keep checking. Since we booked, it went down $20 per person the next week, and then up $40 the week after. Interestingly, the return segment is $70 higher than the outbound.

We had thought about the air/cruise pkg, but we couldn't work in our 2 extra days on the front end. Is it saving you a considerable amount from the published air fares?

Hi Guys,

Right now it is about $100 per person cheaper. We were going to do custom air originally so that we could fly in Friday but we have to pay the difference; so right now we are watching what airfares do and hope that they go down a little so that we can still fly in Friday. Otherwise we will probably not be flying in until Sunday.

Have a great day,

Kent & Andy

• 2 weeks later...
Hi Guys,

Right now it is about $100 per person cheaper. We were going to do custom air originally so that we could fly in Friday but we have to pay the difference; so right now we are watching what airfares do and hope that they go down a little so that we can still fly in Friday. Otherwise we will probably not be flying in until Sunday.

Have a great day,

Kent & Andy

Hey, guys. I'm guessing that after seeing what AA & other airlines did this weekend, you are sticking to your cruise/air package, and coming in on Sunday.

Wow! I'm glad we locked in our airfare weeks ago. We paid just over $760 for both of us. Right now, that same itinerary on AA is over $1658. That's more than double, almost overnight. AA did announce that they are re-structuring their San Juan market, but our flights were not affected much. Only a few minor departure/connection changes, but that's to be expected.

How are things going with you guys? Haven't heard much from you in a few days. Hope all is well.

Jon & Tony

I checked RCCL's website to see if the price for our cabin dropped yet. No such luck. We will still be coming in that Sunday.

This month is focused on our Holy Union after 15 years & our youngest daughters wedding at the same time (6/28).

Kent is on the Church board and I am on a transition team following the leaving of our pastor. Just what your Church went through the past 2 years.

Sarapdot, if you are still around......good to hear from you.

Hope all is going well with everyone.

Andy

I checked RCCL's website to see if the price for our cabin dropped yet. No such luck. We will still be coming in that Sunday.

This month is focused on our Holy Union after 15 years & our youngest daughters wedding at the same time (6/28).

Kent is on the Church board and I am on a transition team following the leaving of our pastor. Just what your Church went through the past 2 years.

Sarapdot, if you are still around......good to hear from you.

Hope all is going well with everyone.

Andy

Wow! Congratulations on the holy union. Our best to you, and to your daughter & her fiance. A double ceremony? That should be spectacular. A toast, at least in thoughts, until we can do a real one on the cruise.

If we don't hear from you over the next few days, we'll certainly know you're keeping busy.

Jon & Tony

• 3 weeks later...
Wow! Congratulations on the holy union. Our best to you, and to your daughter & her fiance. A double ceremony? That should be spectacular. A toast, at least in thoughts, until we can do a real one on the cruise.

If we don't hear from you over the next few days, we'll certainly know you're keeping busy.

Jon & Tony

Hi guys,

Thanks for the toast. Great picture of you guys!

We have definately been keeping busy with everything. Family starts to get here on Tuesday and some of them will be here until July 5th.

Just wanted to take a quick minute to check in and say hi!

Have a great weekend,

Kent & Andy

• 2 months later...

I am an "unattached" man who'll be traveling with family (relatives, not FOD) and would welcome the opportunity to break away to be with other gay cruisers. Please let me know if you'd like to meet.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi All

Have just booked this cruise with my friend Tony. Second cruise for me but first for him. We are coming from Australia and are really looking forward to meeting some new friends and generally enjoying the cruise itself. Hope to see one and all on board.

Steve/Tony (the boys from down under)

• 1 month later...
I am an "unattached" man who'll be traveling with family (relatives, not FOD) and would welcome the opportunity to break away to be with other gay cruisers. Please let me know if you'd like to meet.

Hi All

Have just booked this cruise with my friend Tony. Second cruise for me but first for him. We are coming from Australia and are really looking forward to meeting some new friends and generally enjoying the cruise itself. Hope to see one and all on board.

Steve/Tony (the boys from down under)

Welcome aboard FL24K & Steve & Tony,

Glad to see that there will be more family onboard. We should set up a time to meet so that we can get to know each other. We are Kent & Andy from Fort Worth, TX and will be flying in on Saturday evening.

Take care and look forward to meeting everyone in a couple of weeks.

Kent

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome aboard FL24K & Steve & Tony,

Glad to see that there will be more family onboard. We should set up a time to meet so that we can get to know each other. We are Kent & Andy from Fort Worth, TX and will be flying in on Saturday evening.

Take care and look forward to meeting everyone in a couple of weeks.

Kent

Hi

Yeah....would be great to meet up for some drinks. What will be the best way to arrange?

Steve

Archived