Excursions in Kauai

tears

Has anyone taken the Hollywood in Hawaii tour? I am between that and the Waimea Canyon and Fern Grotto tour. Thought that if I take the Hollywood tour, then I could do the helicopter tour on the second morning. Is the Fern Grotto tour worth it? And is it better to see the canyon from the air or should we just take the ground tour? Any insight would be appreciated.

MAT

• Administrators
Has anyone taken the Hollywood in Hawaii tour? I am between that and the Waimea Canyon and Fern Grotto tour. Thought that if I take the Hollywood tour, then I could do the helicopter tour on the second morning. Is the Fern Grotto tour worth it? And is it better to see the canyon from the air or should we just take the ground tour? Any insight would be appreciated.

MAT

Aloha, and welcome to the Hawaii boards!

Here's a link to a thread about your exact question from a couple of months ago. There is some very good information in there which I hope helps you decide -- http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=636075&highlight=hollywood

Regarding Waimea Canyon, I think it's just a different experience entirely by air versus ground. We did a ground tour and loved it, but from looking at the video clips offered at www.bluehawaiian.com it was clear to me that the air tour is a vastly different perspective. Which is "better" and whether the heli is "worth" it is up to you.

We did the Hollywood tour on Princess in November. We went to some beautiful beaches and waterfalls. Make sure you watch Blue Hawaii before you do this tour as it tours Coco Palms which was featured in the film. Interesting to see it now as compared to then.

Kauai is absolutely beautiful. So do whatever tour takes you to see as many things as possible. I've included a few pics of the highlights of our tour below and have listed what they are left to right in order. We wanted to go to Fern Grotto when we were there. But there was some caving in problem going on in the summer of 2006 and it was closed for a bit. Have a great time in Kauai. Savor the beauty.

1. Wailua Falls

2. Opekaa Falls

3. Waimea Canyon

4. Spouting Horn at Poipu Beach

5. Napali Coast

And there were many more beautiful sites. But I can only post 5 pics at a time.

644697390_Kauai-WailuaFallsBeautifulPicture.jpg.2882bf758ece8c2e25dee03ffcbc6ab1.jpg

1429990410_Kauai-OpekaaFalls.jpg.28db6ffe69957d6c1fb30a26b38070e4.jpg

1480341826_Kauai-WaimeaCanyonNicePicture.jpg.f035159e5380f13a3dcb87dd917b65b7.jpg

625883247_Kauai-Spoutinghorngoodsplash.jpg.5c4501b5df9ed4043fbd8cad7b558f68.jpg

1482742184_NapaliCoast7-3-06.jpg.f52fd23e743a4571461af49c46d80bfc.jpg

Archived