Charges on Visa 3 wks after end of cruise!!!

remydiva

I checked my Visa bill on line today and discovered a March 24 post for $15 charge from 'Princess Cruise Passage Ventura CA' on both my Visa and my husband's Visa card for a total of $30 US...trouble is, our cruise was on the Caribbean Princess Mar 2-9/08 so these charges are nearly 3 wks AFTER we got off the ship! Passage I believe is the gift shop where we did not buy anything. These charges were not on our bill which was automatically billed to our credit cards..no charges made on the last nite or the morning of disembarkation.

I phd Princess today and after 30 mins on hold to which they apologized and said 'the call volume today to the customer service dept is rather high' I was assured that both charges would be reversed but no explaination as to what they were for.

Anyone else finding irregular charges showing up on their credit card AFTER they got off the ship?

You should dispute the charge with your credit card company no matter what they are for. If you didn't make the charge, the credit card company has the right processes in place to take care of it for you - and given the competitive credit market right now, they will do it in order to keep you as a customer. Calling Princess means they have to process a credit, it has to get to your credit card company, be posted to your account and then bill. The credit card company could have put the credit on your account while you were on the phone with them.

$15/PP charge is exactly what a transfer would cost. Sure sounds like that to me. And the charge from "Princess Cruise Passage" does sound like transportation. And yes, it would most likely appear at a later date when they sorted out the additional airport transfer charges.

Remydiva, please respond.

Pia

Actually the credit card company will give you a credit while the charge back is researched. The charging vendor has a time limit before the credit will become final to reinstate the charge. After the time period has expired, they could still send you a demand for payment and turn it over to a collection agency if they feel that the charge was corrrect.

$15/PP charge is exactly what a transfer would cost. Sure sounds like that to me. And the charge from "Princess Cruise Passage" does sound like transportation. And yes, it would most likely appear at a later date when they sorted out the additional airport transfer charges.

Remydiva, please respond.

Pia

Sorry for the delay but I've been enroute driving 'home' back to Canada in snow storms thru Montana, Utah and Idaho. Pia..we did take the princess transfers but they were already billed on our cruise package and it was in the billing details so that can't be it.

I know Visa is good about crediting back the charges but I thought it was only fair to question Princess first as when I called, I thought it was only on MY Visa, not on my husband's as well.

good reminder tho to always doublecheck all our bills...the print gets smaller as the arms get shorter and every penny we save, is a penny to go towards the next cruise!

Archived