Dream VS Majesty

beasfriend

For anyone who has traveled on both - what are the biggest similarities and the biggest differences. We're taking the Dream from Boston to Bermuda in May and are looking for an idea of what to expect. We've been on the Majesty so we can relate to the size.

The overall cruise experience on both the Dream and Majesty was pretty much the same. The main differences I saw were the cabins. The Dream's cabins were larger and nicer, and you do have a choice of selecting a cabin or suite with a balcony. The Dream has the best oceanview cabins in NCL's fleet, imho.

Other minor differences for me, but might be important for you:

The Dream has more swimming pools, the one aft of Terraces restaurant usually wasn't crowded.

The Dream has more restaurants. The Sun Terraces La Trattoria is a nice free specialty restaurant addition choice, although it might be difficult to get reservations for. So try to book it the day before.

But, to repeat what I wrote before, the overall experience was pretty much the same, with the same daily and nightly cruise activities.

We have done both and preferred the Dream. As Electricon says, the OV cabins are MUCH nicer on the Dream. The Dream is a more attractive ship in my view, with lovely lounges looking over the sea. We did Boston-Bermuda last summer on the Majesty and are really excited that the Dream is taking over the route.

Barb

Archived