Oceaneer Club Question...

jherrin3

We've booked our first Disney cruise for October '08! :)

I'm interested in the Oceaneer club for our daughter (age 3), but she has never participated in anything like it, and can be pretty clingy to mom and dad. Does anyone know if a parent can stay with their child in the program? Ideally I'd prefer her to enjoy it on her own, but may need one of us present if they allow it.

Thanks!

ChoirGuy

The first day on the ship is orientation at the club, parents are asked to stay with the child. This helps get your child used to being in the club etc etc.

Parents are allowed to come in and stay any time. You are given a pager if there is ever a problem. ( or your child asks to leave.)

You might be surprised how unclingy a child gets in the club. My son begged to go back every day. :)

I agree with the last poster, you may be surprised at how unclingy your child may become. ;) My DS is incredibly shy and I wasn't sure he would go in at all. The first day we went to the orientation/family time and he was a bit timid walking in. Then he went around the corner and saw the big pirate ship with the slide...and he was seriously like, "See ya Mom!!" :eek: I was shocked.

On each trip he seems to find a buddy that is in the club at the same time and that we seem to see all around the ship. I think that helps him a bit, too. On our last trip (he is 4 1/2 now) he wanted to be in the club more than we really wanted him there.

Just give it a try. It is hard to say if your DD will want to stay in there alone, but at least know you can be there, too. And try to take her during a time that the planned activity is something she would enjoy, check the schedule.

I'm sure you'll enjoy your cruise!!

Thanks for your replies! We'll definately give it a shot and see how she likes it.

Now if I can just convince my DW to put our other daughter in the nursery, then we could finally have a date night!;)

Choirguy

The first day on the ship is orientation at the club, parents are asked to stay with the child.

They do have an open house period in the afternoon, but starting at 7 p.m. you can leave your child at the club. We were pleasantly surprised by this on our cruise last week.

Archived