Any suggestions for Prince Rupert?

Any suggestions on viewing wildlife and a bear of any kind in Prince Rupert? We arrive there on June 26th. We don't mind what kind of bear it is! The one offered by the ship takes up the entire time in port. There's 7 or 9 of us and are trying to avoid going over $200 each. The ship also offers an island circle tour for $75 that looks perfect, but not sure if we catch a view of a bear.

Thanks

Okay, I don't like to be flippant, but the town dump will probably have some black bears! Or you can drop by my place. Out-of-town visitors always marvel that I can show them bears almost every time at our farm, and if not, at least a big pile of what they leave behind.

Viv

I would doubt very much that and "Island" tour of Rupert would get you a bear sighting (Unless you went to the dump and I don't think they do that anymore)

There are some great tours that I have read about but indeed they are expensive.

That dump comment may seem out of place but when living in the north that's where we went to see the bears.

That is too funny. 20 years ago, I traveled for 3 weeks through Banff and Montana, etc, we never saw a bear, but plenty of other wild life. I saw tourists chasing moose or elk with a camera. I asked my 1 teen about seeing a glacier and he replied, It's just a big block of ice, who cares. I'm thinking about "dumping them" at an internet cafe at each port, because we have 2 boys who will be 18 at the time of the cruise and too old to be in the Kid's Club! We're bringing 2 grandmas to chaperone. Any other suggestions for Prince Rupert?

It's been a very long time since I was in Rupert. If you haven't seen an old Fish Cannery the one at Port Edward is a great example. Lots to see. It's a National Historical site. I'm sure there will be a tour to there. Port Ed is a bit out of town south on the coast.

Archived