On The Gem Now

Sick of Snow

Don't hate me, but reading all these stories of rough seas and ginger just has me praying for more weather w/o April 13th, when I sail on the Spirit. Preferably swells, but sunny skies. :)

My very first cruise was in an inside aft cabin on the QE2 in October. First night out -- into the northern Atlantic on the edge of a Hurricane we went! Wheeee! After four months of winter transatlantics, nothing else ever felt quite like cruising to me. :p

I never thought of ginger candy! Where do they sell it?

I get it at my small local grocery store. I have seen it also in certain pharmacy or candy stores. Most health food stores have ginger in different forms so one could ask the owner what they have or rec'd. The candy was cheap like $1.69 for a package of 10 chewy candies.:D

If you can somehow get to Bellingham, WA, (is that the town near the B.C. border?) you can find Reed's Ginger Candy at a variety of stores. Couldn't find any in Canada but will keep looking...

gerbrew.com/stores/washington.asp

You could always try a natural foods store. Good luck!

Yes...these are the brand that we have and have used..just checked..susan

Hi to everyone on the Gem this week! I just wanted to let you all know that I watched you sail away on Saturday with a tremendous amount of envy! We were at the Javit's Center for the Auto Show and came into the Ferry Terminal just in time to watch her leave port.

Since we were just on Gem's 3/1 cruise it was very bittersweet to see here again...we miss her!

Have a wonderful cruise

Also on the 3/1 cruise with you. Feel the same as you. I miss cruising all the time.

Have a great cruise.

You will do fine...you are a "Pro"

Can't wait for your review;)

Thanks, Cosmo! I like some rocking and rolling at night, but not 42' waves. :eek:

Hope you have a cruise in your near future. We did get an upsell to the OS again. I don't know how we ever got so lucky!!! :D

Jackie

No you're NOT...don't go getting "old" on us now...we need you;)

Cosmo, I figured it out! While browsing the Alaska board this AM someone asked about the "average age". My solution is now in my signature!

WE'RE ALL YOUNG AGAIN (on average ;))

Archived