Chankanaab Park Package Deals w/Sea Lions?

tiredmom

I just read a review of Chankanaab Park from a cruise passenger who said that they went on their own and got a package deal at the park. They chose a Sea Lion show, Sea Lion swim and the Dolphin Encounter for $119.00. I've never read about this anywhere else. Please let me know if you have any information. We leave in 2 weeks and were hoping to go there, and this seems like a good deal. Thanks for any help!

I just read a review of Chankanaab Park from a cruise passenger who said that they went on their own and got a package deal at the park. They chose a Sea Lion show, Sea Lion swim and the Dolphin Encounter for $119.00. I've never read about this anywhere else. Please let me know if you have any information. We leave in 2 weeks and were hoping to go there, and this seems like a good deal. Thanks for any help!

Dolphin Discovery in Cozumel does not offer sea lions. Go to their website at www.dolphindiscovery.com to see what they do offer at that location.

They do offer it in Mayan Riviera, but the price is $199, not $119.00.

The Royal Dolphin Swim at Cozumel (it is wonderful!) is $149.00

I swam with the dolphins at Chankanaab Park. It was awesome. We took a cab from the cruise pier, we arrived early at the park so we snorkeled until it was time for our dophin swim. We grabbed a taxi back to the ship, dropped all our gear off then took off for town. We had enough time we walked the whole length of town and worked our way back to Carlo's and Charlie's before we had to go back to the ship.

If you are going to the Dolphin swim on your own, do you advice making a reservation ahead of time? I'm confused about the time difference. We are supposed to dock at 1, but is that ship time or Cozumel time? Thanks! I don't know how much time to allow to get there.

This is a tough question to answer. My best advice would be to book sometime around 3 pm (Cozumel time). I'm assuming that you don't leave Cozumel till much later in the evening?

On our recent cruise, our ships time was set to local time, so it made it easy. However, that is definitely NOT the case with all cruise lines. From what I understand it can even vary from ship to ship within the same cruise line. You may be able to get the answer to that question on your cruise lines message board.

It only takes about 15 to 20 minutes from the dock in the middle of the town (where the tenders come in) to get to Dolphin Discovery. And less time if your ship is docked. Cozumel is 1 hour behind EST (it may still be 2 hours right now but that will be changing very shortly if it hasn't already). So if you dock at 1 pm EST, it will be noon Cozumel time. So pick your dolphin swim time accordingly. As I said before, if you pick a 3 pm time, you will be fine rather your ship changes time or not.

And finally, I'd absolutely recommend reservations. I've heard of too many people who waited till they arrived only to be very disappointed that there were no swim times left.

Have fun.........you will love it!

Archived