Suggestions, Comments needed for honeymoon cruise

LegalCat

We are flying from Miami to Honolulu through Georgia on May 29.

We will get in around 2 p.m. If possible, we would like to get our marriage license on the way to check into the hotel, its on the way. If not, we can get it on May 30th. We are staying at the Wyland Waikiki.

May 30 - we are taking an off road hummer tour which departs at 7 am and lasts about 5 hours. I dont have anything else planned for May 30 but I really want to go to a luau so I'm going to see about doing that in the evening.

May 31 - we are getting married in the morning and then the limo is dropping us off at the ship.

June 1- Maui (overnight)

Nothing planned yet.

June 2- Maui

We are taking a sunrise tour to the Haleakala Crater. It departs from the shpi at 3:10 am and lasts about 7 hours. The ship departs at 2 pm so I doubt we will do anything else off the ship today.

June 3 - Hilo

We are taking a helicopter tour. We depart the ship at 8:45 and the entire thing lasts about 2 hours including travel to and from the heliport. The ship departs at 6 pm so we should have some time for other things.

June 4 - Kona

Nothing yet.

June 5 - Kauai (overnight)

Nothing yet.

June 6 - Kauai

Nothing yet.

June 7 - back to Honolulu. Our flight home leaves at 3:20 p.m.

Any suggestions especially for the days we dont have anything planned is much appreciated. We arent big into water stuff like snorkling or anything. But we might like to go and walk on the beach and dip our feet in the water...

We are flying from Miami to Honolulu through Georgia on May 29.

We will get in around 2 p.m. If possible, we would like to get our marriage license on the way to check into the hotel, its on the way. If not, we can get it on May 30th. We are staying at the Wyland Waikiki.

May 30 - we are taking an off road hummer tour which departs at 7 am and lasts about 5 hours. I dont have anything else planned for May 30 but I really want to go to a luau so I'm going to see about doing that in the evening.

May 31 - we are getting married in the morning and then the limo is dropping us off at the ship.

CONGRATS!

June 1- Maui (overnight)

Nothing planned yet.

If you are adventurous and enjoy driving, the Road to Hana is an option (or a tour if you do not want to drive it). Will have beautiful scenery and several beaches to stop at and dip your feet, especially if you drive. Another option would be to see the IAO Valley (similar to the Road to Hana in terms of lush scenery) and then drive over to Lahaina to shop or hit beaches to the north or south.

June 2- Maui

We are taking a sunrise tour to the Haleakala Crater. It departs from the shpi at 3:10 am and lasts about 7 hours. The ship departs at 2 pm so I doubt we will do anything else off the ship today.

Hopefully you will have good weather to make this a beautiful sunrise. Afterwards, get some sleep. :)

June 3 - Hilo

We are taking a helicopter tour. We depart the ship at 8:45 and the entire thing lasts about 2 hours including travel to and from the heliport. The ship departs at 6 pm so we should have some time for other things.

I would recommend if you have time to rent a car and drive to VNP. If your flight is done by 11 or 12, then you should have time to at least get to VNP (about 45 minutes each way) and do a little exploration before you have to be back on the ship.

June 4 - Kona

Nothing yet.

The area around the pier is good for shopping and there is a decent beach right near the pier to put your feet in the water. You could also rent a car (use Thrifty or Dollar from the King Kam Hotel if you do) and drive north to several beautiful beaches or drive south to the Place of Refuge and the painted church.

June 5 - Kauai (overnight)

Nothing yet.

For our first day we headed north and saw several waterfalls including the one used in the opening of Fantasy Island. Then headed to the Kilauea lighthouse. From there we drove on to Hanalei and Ke'e Beach which is where the NaPali coast begins. Another option is to drive over to the Waimea Canyon and see it. Be sure if you go to the canyon that you drive to the very last overlook for some beautiful views of the NaPali coast from that side.

June 6 - Kauai

Nothing yet.

June 7 - back to Honolulu. Our flight home leaves at 3:20 p.m.

The flight home (we went through Atlanta on our way home to Columbia, SC) was one of the longest days of my life. It seemed to take forever! If at all possible try to get seats at a bulkhead so you have extra room (or in first class if you can). Also, try to participate in the EasyFly program if you can. It makes luggage handling much easier. Details can be found with a search on this board.

Any suggestions especially for the days we dont have anything planned is much appreciated. We arent big into water stuff like snorkling or anything. But we might like to go and walk on the beach and dip our feet in the water...

Congrats again and see the red above for my ideas. No matter what you decide, it will be a wonderful time you will never forget!!

Thanks for the wonderful suggestions.

We are flying first class yay :) it was only a few hundred dollars more than the regular tickets and I"m NOT a fan of flying lol so we splurged :)

We didnt want to take the risk of trying to upgrade at last minute for cheaper...

I really appreciate your suggestions I will definately think about renting a car and doing some exploring

Congrats on your wedding....:D June 1- Maui (overnight)..we loved Lahainia.. If you have time I def would try to spend a few hours there, Whalers Village is not far from Lahaina and Ka'anapali Beach is there also, You could rent a car for the day and just drive up the coast. June 3 - Hilo, I agree VNP is a must see. June 5 - Kauai (overnight)Waimea Canyon also I agree is a must see.. Have a great time in Hawaii I am sure others can help you with ideas also...

Congratulations!

I agree with the above poster. Kona's great for shopping and we liked the little beach near the tender port.

We did the backcountry tubing da ditch trip on Kauai and it was GREAT. The guides are fun and we even say Ben Stiller...filming a movie. Floating down the ditch was a blast. I highly recommend this tour.

We also did the zipline tour in Kauai and it was fun but I like ziplining in Mexico better.

Have a great trip

We took the Pride of America in January as our honeymoon, and really enjoyed ouselves. My view of it is, enjoy yourselves, and do what you think sounds fun. We did a little bit of everything, from touristy stuff, to nature, snorkeling, and just relaxin on the beach. My advice is to just relax and enjoy yourself while you are there.

We rented a car on most islands, and just did what we wanted to do. Make sure you go to the newly wed games on board. I think there are two or three of them, and you guys have a good shot of being contestants. I like that you are thinking about doing the early morning sunrise. Things like that is something that you and your spouse will never forget.

Archived