Which snorkel tour Turneff or Goff's Caye?

2aztravelers

We just came back from Goff's Caye a week and a half ago. It was a very pretty island. The snorkeling was good. I have seen more fish in Hawaii but saw the nicest coral I have ever seen here. You had the option of snorkeling off the boat or the island. The island was very calm the boat trip was in probably 20 ft of water with the boat nearby in case of problems. We had some one jump off the boat and decide not to snorkel with a smaller child (probably 6 or 7). They stayed in the boat til we came back to the island. It was a bit rough but it was also windy that day. Our 2 teens 14 and 16 very average swimmers did fine. :D If I could download pics I would. It was beautiful. :) They also sold a selection of beer, pop and food on the island. The island you can see with the lighthouse near Goff's Caye is the harbor masters island. Wish we would have realized that before we got home. We could have taken pics from the ship on the way out!! :mad: We would do this again.

Hey cheeseheads1,

Thank you for the review. It really helps and will make our decision easier as soon as all my travel companions can get together and bring all the research that we found to finally choose a tour. We aren't leaving until October so we are really excited and want to get something booked. :)

We have decided to do Goff's as we like the option to go right from the beach as well as the boat. That way we can all go together and enjoy. Sounds relaxing at the beach too, once we are done snorkeling. Was there a rest room on Goff's? I am sure there is but, wanted to cover all the bases. They provided the snorkel equipment and picked you up at shipside right? We are going to be on the Glory....I hope it's all the same.

Thank you - A:)

They picked us up at the ship and transported us directly there. They provided the snorkel gear for us as well. There is a port a pot on the pier. It wasn't too bad....When we were in Belize there was a sister ship to the Legend ported not too far away. They had tenders coming and going all day too. Based on observation I would guess the procedures are the same. That day everyone with excursions will meet in the show lounge and they will assign your tour group numbers. When they call your number follow the guide and they will take to your tender spot and away you go!!:D :D

They picked us up at the ship and transported us directly there. They provided the snorkel gear for us as well. There is a port a pot on the pier. It wasn't too bad....When we were in Belize there was a sister ship to the Legend ported not too far away. They had tenders coming and going all day too. Based on observation I would guess the procedures are the same. That day everyone with excursions will meet in the show lounge and they will assign your tour group numbers. When they call your number follow the guide and they will take to your tender spot and away you go!!:D :D

I appreciate your assistance and guidance! -Angelique:)

Archived