Teen Cruising Answers

CantW8toCruz

That's good to hear! Age groupings on our cruise are the same. I've read that it's very important to have the kids there at orientation--we don't want to put him in the wrong place, switch him, and then have everyone friend-ed out already so he's left by himself. His sisters are 3 and 5, so won't be much fun to hang out with, IYKWIM.

Do you know anything about Club o2 on Carnival? I have been trying to find out if we could get my DD (14 but will be two weeks shy of 15) into this group with my 16 yr old DS. I am hoping that because she is so close to being 15 (club o2 is 15-17) that they will make an exception. Do you have any insight on this?

My son is very protective of his sister so I am not worried about them hanging out late as long as they stick together but I am thinking that 1am is when they need to call it a night. They are both very good kids and make very good choices so I can totally trust them. I am very lucky that they are nothing like I was at their age;)

"They are both very good kids and make very good choices so I can totally trust them. I am very lucky that they are nothing like I was at their age"

Bwahahahaha! Maybe they're just better at hiding it than you were! (just kidding! Sort of. But don't be suprised to hear some stories in about 10years....) Projecting a little, but I'd rather have an older brother looking our for a younger sis in the same, higher age group rather than a younger sis out there on her own with a more "appropriate" age group, as long as older bro doesn't feel that looking out for her is a burden.

Do you know anything about Club o2 on Carnival? I have been trying to find out if we could get my DD (14 but will be two weeks shy of 15) into this group with my 16 yr old DS.

Hi! Last spring my youngest was 14 and had no problem going to Club O2. I have 2 boys (14-17at the time) and they LOVED it. They made a lot of friends while we were on the Fantasy. They stayed out until 1-1:30, but they never knew when mom might come around the corner. :p

We sail on the Fantasy again this June and they are already talking about meeting a new bunch of kids.

They stayed out until 1-1:30, but they never knew when mom might come around the corner. :p

Bingo! That's when I started to relax a bit -- when I discovered just how often I bumped into my DD and her friends onboard, or saw them from afar without their knowing it. Whenever I did see them from afar, I'd casually mention it later, planting the seed that at any given moment, Mom might be watching unseen.

Thanks for starting this thread!

I have a very nice but somewhat reserved and naive 13YO son, with a mild learning disability. He usually gets along better with kids a little younger than himself, and in fact is 4'10" and 75 lbs so looks much more kid-like than teen-like. I'm seriously thinking of putting him into the 8-12 group instead of the teen group (if I can)--more structure and more likely to find friends at his level, etc. He thinks that's a good idea. What do you think? (We're on Princess to Alaska this July.) Thanks!

Sounds like a good idea to me. It's great when the child and the parent agree on something. I just hope the cruise line lets you do that! I've heard sometimes they don't. Good luck!

Do you know anything about Club o2 on Carnival? I have been trying to find out if we could get my DD (14 but will be two weeks shy of 15) into this group with my 16 yr old DS. I am hoping that because she is so close to being 15 (club o2 is 15-17) that they will make an exception. Do you have any insight on this?

My son is very protective of his sister so I am not worried about them hanging out late as long as they stick together but I am thinking that 1am is when they need to call it a night. They are both very good kids and make very good choices so I can totally trust them. I am very lucky that they are nothing like I was at their age;)

I know teens really enjoy the clubs on carnival. I just don't enjoy Carnival as a whole. Maybe that's because food is very important to me and I don't think carnival meets food standards, of any kind. But kids will still have a fun time.

thanks so much! that info helped me alot! :) It's true though, I rarely hear of teens having bad times on cruises.
The ONLY teens I've heard of NOT enjoying cruises are the few teenaged girls who are soooooo into their boyfriends that they consider it tragic to be away from their beloveds.

I just found this thread and wanted to thank everyone for the helpful info...we are cruising with three teens in June, and this thread addressed several of my concerns. Have any of you tried walkie-talkies to help with keeping in touch? Just wondering how that worked on the ship, and what brand you found that worked well. Any input would be appreciated!!!:)

• 2 months later...

Archived