Freedom Embarkation/Debarkation

cds62

What time can we expect to be able to start boarding the Freedom when we sail out of Miami? Does Carnival allow self debarkation for those that choose to carry their own luggage off to allow for earlier flights?

We were at the pier around 11:30 on March 15th and had only a slight delay in boarding due to a customs issue but overall its pretty quick. I would say anytime from 11:30 on would be perfect and yes, they have self-assist debarkation and that started around 7:00am. This was our 5th (all on Carnival) and by far the BEST. The ship, crew and food were exceptional! Have a wonderful time. I'm so jealous!!!

We were allowed on about 11:30. Your rooms may not be available until 1:30. You are allowed to carry your luggage off. You will be given a color coded tag and only allowed off when your color is called. If you have an early flight ( CCL considers anything before 12:00 ) early you will need to take proof of your flight to the pursers desk and you will if needed be given an earlier color. Enjoy your cruise the Freedom is a wonderful ship.

We just had a fantastic cruise on the Freedom (3/22). Loved everything. We had a 12:20 flight out of West Palm Beach (yikes). I went to the purser's desk (don't wait till the last day....long lines), told them about my flight, and they said just self assist at 7:30. No color codes necessary, just walk down to lobby when they say the ship has been cleared by customs. We were out getting limo within 15 minutes of leaving cabin.

KYWEST1, what limo company did you use to get to the airport? In the past when returning from a cruise in Miami we have taken a taxi to FLL but that is not always the nicest ride (broke down on one occasion). We are planning on using GO Shuttle for a towncar to take us from FLL to our hotel in Miami the day before when we arrive, but any suggestions would be appreciated.

Archived