Key West Advice for the solo traveller

RUBYRUBY

Hi

I am booked to go on the RCCL Majesty 4 day cruise that visits Key West from 10am to 6pm. Being that I am a younger female on my own I was thinking of doing the Taste of Key West shore excursion (12pm-2:30pm) However I was wanting some advice from people that had been to Key West. Is it worth exploring the island from around 10am and then returning back to the boat for the tour or am I just wasting my time. Also roughly what is the distance from Duval St back to the ship. Any assistance would be much appreciated.

In all the years I've been going to Key West I've never been tempted to do an organized, on land tour, but I think you would enjoy this and it seems worth the price to me. I'd like to know where they stop for the food, though.

"Hit the streets of Key West for a taste of that famous food from the Conch Republic ! Enjoy a walking tour encompassing all that Key West is famous for - food, historic buildings, gardens, Key Lime Pie & more! This two and a half hour event begins on historic Whitehead Street , travels down Duval Street and moves along the historic seaport. After receiving their FREE T-shirt, the group visits five locations where tour participants sample Key West cuisine including conch fritters, mahi-mahi fingers and of course, key lime pie. Our professional guides will point out the many sights, sounds and flavors that make Key West such a popular place to visit!

Schedule: Schedule varies. Please call or email for availability.

Price: Adults $29

Children 12 and under $20

Children 5 and under FREE"

Pjk

keywesst - what would be your suggestion for places to go - things to do? We're going with a group of 12 (8 of them bet. ages 20-24 yrs.). Never been to Key West. Suggestions?

• 2 weeks later...

We have been to Key West many times, and have never considered a tour. It is a neat place for shopping, eating and people watching. The Majesty will dock at Mallory Square, which is perfect walking distance to everything to see and do in Key West. At 10 most restaurants are still closed, there is a great little crepe place on Duval just past Flemming st. You can stop at Starbucks and pick up a coffee and go to the next block and grab a crepe. People watch as you enjoy it at the little bar there at the shop and then just wander around. The southern most point will be down to your right as you leave the creperie, or do some shopping if you are the shopping type. There is so much to see and do.

Archived