so upset

jolieamie

I signed up for this cruise last year. Told them not to upgrade me. So what do they do? They UPGRADE me. Not to a suite or anything but to the LIDO deck. Blah. I had signed up for a caribe deck. I am now in lido 305.

So, can anyone tell me how bad it is? Tradewinds is on top. Double blah. I bet we hear sounds all night. I am sooooo distressed and can't do anything about it except cancel my cruise.

Anyone have any suggestions?

Monique

Hi Toto,

Thanks for responding.

It seems that I was double booked.

I had one cabin on caribe and one cabin on lido

Finally got it straightened out.

Got rid of the booking for lido and still have my caribe booking.

The customer service person was very helpful in this matter.

She pointed out that it was April fools day.

She was trying to make me feel better I guess. LOL

Lots of anguish there for a while but Peggy the customer service person

was very helpful and went the extra mile to find out what the problem was.

There has been a lot of bashing of princess cruise on here in terms of customer service. In my case, they were very very helpful.

Monique

I have no idea how I was double booked. I was checked to see how many cabins were left. It should not have booked a room for me while doing this I would think. But maybe it does? How do you check and see what rooms are still available online?

It is almost impossible to see exactly what staterooms are left available unless you put in the actual stateroom numbers you are interested in.

Go to the Princess website like you are making a booking for your cruise. Put in the ship, date and then pick the category you booked. Then pull up that category. It will list 6 available stateroom numbers maximum, but there could be more available as that is the maximum that show at any one time. If you think you found on the deckplans a stateroom you would like, look towards the bottom and there will be a space to put in the number of the stateroom, go to the next screen and it will tell you if that one is available or not. Continue this process until you find one you like.

IF there are less than 6 stateroom numbers showing, then that is all that is usually left in that category. Best of luck!

Archived