RCCL SeaPass

born'4'cruisin

Do even the young kids need to carry theirs? (when on the ship), I'm sure if we leave they ship we all need one to get on and off. But I have a 2 year old (she will be 3 at the time of cruise and in AO...if she will do it) does she need her SeaPass?

AO question, depending on which cruise we go on my son will be either 5 or 6, I know if he is 6 he goes to the next level. Would it be worth it for me to go when he is 5 so my two kids can be in the same group? They are both really shy and would probably do better if they were together. I am just worried about my 5/6 year old being bored with "babies". Any thoughts?

Do even the young kids need to carry theirs? (when on the ship)' date=' I'm sure if we leave they ship we all need one to get on and off. But I have a 2 year old (she will be 3 at the time of cruise and in AO...if she will do it) does she need her SeaPass?

AO question, depending on which cruise we go on my son will be either 5 or 6, I know if he is 6 he goes to the next level. Would it be worth it for me to go when he is 5 so my two kids can be in the same group? They are both really shy and would probably do better if they were together. I am just worried about my 5/6 year old being bored with "babies". Any thoughts?[/quote']Your kids don't need to carry their Seapasses while on board (and probably shouldn't). You must however have them to disembark and reembark the ship at your ports.

As for AO, since your son will be on the borderline, the AO counselors will USUALLY allow your son to move down in the lower age group if you request it. They will usually be flexible to work with you on keeping your son in his age group or moving him down a group as appropriate. They will usually not however allow a child to move up a group. Our daughter started the last cruise in the lower age group with her brother, but later got comfortable, made a few friends and wanted to move back up to the appropriate older group. So I recommend you not let the AO age groups be a factor in choosing the cruise and just work with the AO staff when you board--they're very good about stuff like that.

Your kids don't need to carry their Seapasses while on board (and probably shouldn't). You must however have them to disembark and reembark the ship at your ports.

As for AO, since your son will be on the borderline, the AO counselors will USUALLY allow your son to move down in the lower age group if you request it. They will usually be flexible to work with you on keeping your son in his age group or moving him down a group as appropriate. They will usually not however allow a child to move up a group. Our daughter started the last cruise in the lower age group with her brother, but later got comfortable, made a few friends and wanted to move back up to the appropriate older group. So I recommend you not let the AO age groups be a factor in choosing the cruise and just work with the AO staff when you board--they're very good about stuff like that.

Thanks, that's exactly what I wanted to hear. One of the cruises we really like leave on his 6th birthday and the other is the week before. I was thinking they were really strict (like drinking age birthdays). I feel more at ease now picking a trip. Thank you!

Thanks' date=' that's exactly what I wanted to hear. One of the cruises we really like leave on his 6th birthday and the other is the week before. I was thinking they were really strict (like drinking age birthdays). I feel more at ease now picking a trip. Thank you![/quote']They are pretty strict about not allowing him to move up, but they will usually be okay with him staying with the younger group (i.e. moving down). Have a great cruise!:)

Archived