JFK to Manhattan Central

bubbles30

Hi folks

As everyone was so good at answering my last query - i thought id try this one.

With a schedule change :mad: we have just discovered that our flight arrives into JFK at 11.45am and leaves to MIA at 07.05pm!!!! Long wait.

However we were thinking of taking the afternoon into the city? Would it be advisable? Recommened? How would we do it? Is it possible?

Cheers

Babs

Hey Babs,

I'll assume that your baggage will not need to be handled during your lay-over. Having said that, you could go into the city via a cab from JFK with the understanding that it's going to cost. You could take the mono rail to Jamaica Queens then the train into the city but that may prove a bit complicated not being use to the transit system in NYC. Either way, you do have time to go to "ground zero" and perhaps South Street Seaport, but you'll have to keep an eye on the time. I love NYC but it can be tough getting around as are all large cities when we're not farmiliar with them. Your first priority is to make sure you're on that ship when it sails....NYC will always be here to welcome you if you have a chance to return and stay longer.

Barry

I'd be petrified of getting through congested traffic back and forth and taking chances on missing the flight. Remember too, you'd have to go through security etc. in getting back, I would think by the time you got out of the airport and got somewhere, you wouldn't have all that much time before you'd have to get back, get through security, and back to your gate. Is your air booked through the cruise line? Is this the day before your cruise? If it were 2 days before your cruise I'd say stay overnight and then take a flight to Miami in the morning. But if its the day before your cruise, I'd make sure to get to Miami.

Have fun!:)

Archived