Best suggestions for things to go in G.C with kids

golf4food

Our kids will be 16,13,13 when we sail on our New Year's cruise--our first cruise ever. We are looking for suggestions on what to do in each of our ports. We will go to Hell since the kids will giggle about that for weeks :D. What else does everyone suggest?

We want to snorkel someplace. Our other stops include Key West, Cozumel and the ship's island, which will be a beach day for sure. The kids also like swimming in the ocean. Does Grand Cayman have better beaches then Cozumel? We are thinking of taking an excursion in Cozumel to Xcarat but that is an all day thing so we aren't positive we want to do that. DH and I have been there and know the kids would love it there it's just the length of time it takes that we are hesitating about.

If we don't do an excursion in Cozumel then we would consider one in Grand Cayman. Basically would snorkeling be better in GC or Cozumel?

I think the kids would love the stingrays! They are incredible:D I'm still bragging about swimming with them!:p The snorkeling is probably best in Cozumel, the beaches are beautiful in both places! Have fun!:)

Our kids will be 16,13,13 when we sail on our New Year's cruise--our first cruise ever. We are looking for suggestions on what to do in each of our ports. We will go to Hell since the kids will giggle about that for weeks :D. What else does everyone suggest?

We want to snorkel someplace. Our other stops include Key West, Cozumel and the ship's island, which will be a beach day for sure. The kids also like swimming in the ocean. Does Grand Cayman have better beaches then Cozumel? We are thinking of taking an excursion in Cozumel to Xcarat but that is an all day thing so we aren't positive we want to do that. DH and I have been there and know the kids would love it there it's just the length of time it takes that we are hesitating about.

If we don't do an excursion in Cozumel then we would consider one in Grand Cayman. Basically would snorkeling be better in GC or Cozumel?

Try the Moby dick tours. We where just there last week and did thier tour . They take you out to a sand bar where you swim and feed and [if you want to] kiss the stingrays for 7 yrs good luck. I didn't do that but my 2 dd did [yuk]. Then they will take you to the breakers where you can snorkle for awhile.

Cozumel has the best snorkeling if you have the right tour guide.

I agree with the last poster - the tour that includes Stingray City, Turtle Farm and Hell sounds perfect for the kids. My DS8 loved the Turtle Farm and he still talks about it over a year later. We're going to try the Pirate Excursion this year. It is short (2 hours). We're going to try to do it early and then head over to Sea Grape beach for a couple of hours.

Grand Cayman snorkeling is better than Cozumel. I highly recommend Captain Marvin's for convenience, service and affordability. captainmarvins.com will give you the details ... it's trouble-free. We've done it twice ... they can also drop you off at the beach when you're done with your trip.

Best trip to take is the two-snorkel stop (coral gardens and barrier reef) finishing at stingray city.

My older kids (youngest was 12) loved it both times.

Archived