ATV through Royal Carribean

rbfcruise

I am hoping someone who has done this can help:

a) I have read to wear long pants - are capris (calf length) okay, or do your ankles also need to be covered?

b) The ship docks at 3 p.m. - - does anyone know what time we get BACK from the tour?

c) Any other advice?

I have not done the tour through the cruise line, but only one place offers it,so you will be going to Hacienda Caraballi like I did.

The ride is fun- I think Capris will be fine, but wear old ones that you don't mind getting dirty! The engine is on the side of the machine, so it got pretty warm- I think shorts would have been an uncomfortable experience because of it.

Here is my write up of my trip there:

http://www.puertoricodaytrips.com/2007/09/07/hacienda-carabali-atv/

The ride there/back is about 1.25 hr each way , I assume a 2 hr ride. The excursion says 4 hrs and usually excursions are pretty accurate in exactly how long they take. But, I would guess it would be closer to 4.5 hrs.

• 1 month later...

;) I booked an ATV excursion through Royal Caribbean Last October. I sailed on the Freedom Of The Seas & I booked my excursion for the day I was docked in Cozumel, Mexico. Our excursion lasted about 3 hours in total which included leaving the port traveling to the excursion site which was in the jungle only a 10/15 minute ride away the excursion itself and the return trip. Upon arriving we watched a safety video & received instructions and were on our way.

You can wear long pants if you choose if you do I suggest wearing a really old pair of pants and sneakers that you won't mind trashing when your done unless you don't mind holding on to muddy clothing for the duration of your trip. I had on shorts that day with a sleeveless tee I forgot to wear my water shoes so I could have just rinsed them and my legs off and kept going and instead had on brand new sneakers but, by the time I realized it they were already covered in mud lol. I had so much fun it didn't matter and I was able to get them clean once back on the ship in the shower so that was a bonus. So if you don't mind getting your legs and feet muddy then go for it the long pants will be hot and the heat from the engine doesn't help either but they will help to cut down on the mosquito bites if your going up in the jungle like I did if your doing a beach ATV excursion the shorts may be ok it's just a personal preference especially since the tour guides had on shorts as well.

Hope this helps

Archived