Costa Rica -- February or March?

TravlGrl

Considering a cruise next year with port calls in Costa Rica and Panama. Choosing between February and March. Any opinions on which may be better?

I was originally leaning toward February, but wanted to stay away from President's Week. The way the cruise itinerary falls, the cruise would start midway during President's Week and end the following week, so perhaps there won't be an issue of massive amounts of families on mid-winter break???

My other option is the very first week of Feb, but I was concerned that the weather may not be warm enough. I really need 85+ when I cruise.

And my last option is the first week of March which should be before the spring breakers start cruising, though it's a little too close to my late April/early May land vacation to Playa Del Carmen.

Anyone have an opinion?

Considering a cruise next year with port calls in Costa Rica and Panama. Choosing between February and March. Any opinions on which may be better?

I was originally leaning toward February, but wanted to stay away from President's Week. The way the cruise itinerary falls, the cruise would start midway during President's Week and end the following week, so perhaps there won't be an issue of massive amounts of families on mid-winter break???

My other option is the very first week of Feb, but I was concerned that the weather may not be warm enough. I really need 85+ when I cruise.

And my last option is the first week of March which should be before the spring breakers start cruising, though it's a little too close to my late April/early May land vacation to Playa Del Carmen.

Anyone have an opinion?

Hi:) Last year, March 2007 we went to Limon,Costa Rica and Colon, Pananma on the Carnival Liberty and had a great time. Going in March was way to hot and humid for my family and I, (We baked lol) but as you stated you like 85+ weather. I would reccomend anytime in February. This year we went cruising in February and the weather was beautiful and warm. By far Costa Rica and Panama were the hottest places we had ever been to in March. Perhaps February would be better as most people in my opinion would be more comfortable and able to enjoy these gorgeous locations. Have a great trip!

We cruised on the Pacific side of Costa Rica for a week in early February. The weather was in the 80's the whole week. We spent pre and post cruise days in the San Jose , Central Valley Region which was in the 70's. The Central Valley is 70's all year. The Coastal areas , both Pacific and Atlantic are warm to HOT all year. We thought February was great.

Ok, looks like February would be ideal. We may switch to Carnival Freedom (we were considering Miracle) since it leaves on Feb 14 -- our anniversary -- and it sounds like the weather will be perfect. Thanks all!

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone have an opinion?

We've been going to CR during the month of Feb. for a number of years now and I can tell you that it is HOT. Its starts getting really humid in March though.

Whichever month you decide, you'll still have a great time. CR is such a gem I hope you enjoy it!

Archived