Premier Christian Cruises

sweetkitty19

Has anyone sailed with them before? It looks like they basically rent out a Carnival cruise ship but then add on extra $ because of all the music. I would love to go on one of these someday. Carnival's entertainment is OK, but if it had real music with people who are well-known it would be much much much more fun!

• 2 weeks later...

I've been on the last 2 Girl's Getaway Cruises put together by Premier. The entertainment on both was superb and completely replaces what Carnival normally has. On the last one, we had Richie McDonald, formerly the head singer for Lone Star. Both cruises had name Gospel groups plus solo acts such as Michael O'Brien. We also had speakers and comediennes like you would hear at a Women of Faith Conference. The ships I was on were small and older, but the food and service was good. The atmosphere on a totally Christian cruise is awesome. The staff of Premier Christian Cruises travels on the ship with you and is genuinely interested in your satisfaction. I wouldn't hesitate to go with them again.

• 1 month later...

Hello! My 2 sisters, mom and myself have booked the girls get away cruise for this coming February '09 (will surprise mom at Christmas):p---any advice on great shore excursions? I've read that booking online through Cozumel is cheaper than booking through Carnival. Things to do? things NOT to do? parking advice? What would you do differently/same now that you've been on this cruise??? Welcome to any and all info anyone could provide!!! Thanks so much and God bless! -future cruiser to Cozumel/Feb '09

• 2 weeks later...

We did the cooking shore excursion thru Carnival. It was fun but we were the only ones there! Guess the women wanted to go to the beach or shop and not cook! I've been to Cozumel twice before and once booked a catamaran/beach excursion thru the ship and the other time took a cab to a beach. If you do decide to use the ship's excursion, try to book before you go onto the ship. The first year we were unable to go on the excursion of our choice because we thought you had to wait until you got on the ship to book and by then it was full. If you just want to go to a beach and maybe do some shopping, you can pick up a taxi near the ship. There are several beaches up near Chankanaab Park that are nice. Some have a boat to take you snorkeling on Palancar Reef plus food that they bring out to you on the beach.

Parking advice--do you mean at the port? We did park our car there. It was certainly a bit of a hassle because we got there early and they wouldn't let us into the garage until everyone disembarked. So I'd suggest not being early.

Be sure to check not only the daily sheets, but the overall schedule they give you when you board. We saw Richie McDonald in a small lounge and I'll bet there weren't 100 people there because it wasn't listed in the daily sheet.

On formal night, clothing goes all the way from fancy formal down to smart casual. One other thing about the ship--it was cold, as in uncomfortably cold. Be sure to bring something in case it's still the same.

Blessings. C

Archived