Qm2 2009 dates now up.

transatlantic fan

Thank you for posting, transatlantic fan.

If I read the information correct, all Queen Victoria cruises will start and end in Southampton. Congratulations, Cunard, for getting rid of this stupid every day a port like all the other mass market line cruises.

A synopsis borrowed from elsewhere on the net

Queen Mary 2 Itineraries

14 May 09 M910

11 Mediterranean Delights

Southampton, Lisbon, Gibraltar, Civitavecchia (for Rome),

Monte Carlo, Barcelona, Southampton

6 Jun 09 M913

7 Voyage of the Vikings

Southampton, Stavanger, Flaam, Hellesylt,

Geiranger, Bergen, Southampton

25 Jun 09 M916A

17 North American Adventure

Southampton, New York, Halifax,

Boston, New York, Southampton

25 Jun 09 M916B

9 Transatlantic Crossing

Southampton, New York, Halifax, Boston

4 Jul 09 M917A

8 Transatlantic Crossing

Boston, New York, Southampton

5 Aug 09 M923A 12 Northern Splendours

Southampton, Hamburg, Oslo, Stavanger, Bergen,

Hellesylt, Geiranger, Alesund, Hamburg, Southampton

29 Aug 09 M926A

16 East Coast Discovery

Southampton, New York, St John, New York, Southampton

14 Sep 09 M929

12 Mediterranean Highlights

Southampton, Lisbon, Gibraltar, Civitavecchia (for

Rome), Livorno (for Florence), Monte Carlo,

Barcelona, Southampton

26 Sep & 23 Oct 09 M930A;M934A

19 Trans-Canada

Southampton, New York, Newport, Boston, Bar Harbour,

St John, Halifax, New York, Southampton

2 & 29 Oct 09 M931; M935

7 Splendours of Autumn I & II

New York, Newport, Boston, Bar Harbour,

St John, Halifax, New York

15 Oct 09 M933

8 Around the British Isles

Southampton, South Queensferry (for Edinburgh),

Greenock, Liverpool, Cobh (for Cork),

Cherbourg, Southampton

11 Nov 09 M937A

19 Caribbean Medley

Southampton, New York, Cristobal, Curacao, Grenada,

Bridgetown, St Kitts, Tortola, New York

17 Nov 09 M938

13 Caribbean Delights

New York, Cristobal, Curacao, Grenada,

Bridgetown, St Kitts, Tortola, New York

30 Nov & 10 Dec 09 M939;M940

10 Connoisseur's Caribbean

New York, St Maarten, Bridgetown, Grenada,

Castries, Charlotte Amalie, New York

20 Dec 09 M001

15 Caribbean Celebration

New York, Grand Turk, Tortola, Curacao,

Grenada, Bridgetown, Castries, Dominica, Basseterre,

Charlotte Amalie, New York

Queen Victoria Itineraries

20 Apr & 17 Aug 09 V903;V913

12 Mediterranean Medley I & II

Southampton, Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Civitavecchia (for

Rome), Alghero, Palma, Gibraltar, Southampton

2 May;V914

29 Aug;V918

22 Oct;V22

5 Dec 09 V904; 4 Spring Adventure

Southampton, Cherbourg (for Normandy), Rotterdam (for

Amsterdam), Zeebrugge (for Bruges), Southampton

6 May;20 Jul 09 V905;V911

14 Mediterranean Treasures I & II

Southampton, Vigo (for Santiago de Compostela), Lisbon,

Palma, Barcelona, Cannes, Civitavecchia (for Rome), Ajaccio,

Gibraltar, Southampton

20 May 09 V906

7 Norwegian Wonders

Southampton, Stavanger, Hellesylt, Geiranger,

Alesund, Bergen, Southampton

27 May& 3 Aug 09 V907;V912

14 Baltic Splendours I & II

Southampton, Zeebrugge (for Bruges), Bremerhaven, Kristiansand,

Copenhagen, Stockholm, Helsinki, St Petersburg (overnight),

Tallinn, Gothenburg, Southampton

10 Jun 09 V908

13 Mediterranean Explorer

Southampton, Barcelona, Cannes, Livorno (for Florence),

Civitavecchia (for Rome), Alghero, Palma, Gibraltar, Southampton

23 Jun 09 V909

14 Land of the Midnight Sun

Southampton, Stavanger, Hellesylt, Geiranger, Honningsvaag,

North Cape, Ny Alesund, Tromso, Andalsnes, Bergen, Southampton

7 Jul 09 V910

13 Geysers & Glaciers

Southampton, Reykjavik, Grundarfjordur, Akureyri, Alesund,

Hellesylt, Geiranger, Flaam, Stavanger, Bergen, Southampton

2 Sep 09 V915

16 Mediterranean Adventure

Southampton, Malaga, Cefalonia, Dubrovnik, Venice,

Split, Corfu, Gibraltar, Southampton

18 Sep 09 V916

24 Autumn Colours

Southampton, New York (overnight), Newport, Boston,

Portland, Bar Harbour, St John, Halifax, Quebec City (overnight),

St Johns, Southampton

12 Oct 09 V917

10 Iberian Serenade

Southampton, Vigo (for Santiago de Compostela),

Tenerife, Gran Canaria (Las Palmas), La Palma,

Madeira (Funchal), Southampton

26 Oct 09 V919

12 Mediterranean Mosaic

Southampton, Barcelona, Monte Carlo, Civitavecchia (for Rome),

Ajaccio, Palma, Gibraltar, Southampton

7 Nov 09 V920

16 Wonders of the Mediterranean

Southampton, Malaga, Palermo, Dubrovnik, Venice,

Split, Corfu, Gibraltar, Southampton

23 Nov 09 V921

12 Canary Island Explorer

Southampton, Madeira (Funchal), La Palma, Tenerife, Gran Canaria,

Lanzarote, Lisbon, Vigo (for Santiago de Compostela), Southampton

9 Dec 09 V923

10 Winter Wonderland

Southampton, Hamburg (overnight), Stavanger, Oslo,

Copenhagen (overnight), Zeebrugge (for Bruges), Southampton

19 Dec 09 V001

16 A Festive Celebration

Southampton, La Coruna, Lisbon, Cadiz, Gibraltar, Lanzarote,

Gran Canaria, Tenerife, La Palma, Madeira (overnight), Southampton

Ken

There seems to be no 4 or 5 night bahamas sailings from NYC. I did one this year and was hoping for more. I was hoping to do a group. Oh well

:( :mad:

The list posted is from the UK where they do not sell the short Bahamas cruises. Don't worry!

The list posted is from the UK where they do not sell the short Bahamas cruises. Don't worry!

I think you may be correct. I noticed the odd Southampton-NYC-Halifax-Boston cruise on June 25 and the following Boston-NYC-Southampton cruise thereafter. I suspect we'll see a 4 day NYC-Halifax-Boston-NYC marketed for sale to North Americans from the US Cunard office for a Independence Day getaway. Now there's a short getaway that might interest me........my birthday even happens to fall during this cruise I believe. :) Never been to Boston or Halifax either!

Although I'm going on my second trip to Europe in just as many years, the eight day Round UK trip sounds mighty nice too. Having a Cunard iteniary in hand and a lack of money is a dangerous thing.:D

David

I think you may be correct. I noticed the odd Southampton-NYC-Halifax-Boston cruise on June 25 and the following Boston-NYC-Southampton cruise thereafter. I suspect we'll see a 4 day NYC-Halifax-Boston-NYC marketed for sale to North Americans from the US Cunard office for a Independence Day getaway. Now there's a short getaway that might interest me........my birthday even happens to fall during this cruise I believe. :) Never been to Boston or Halifax either!

David

We were looking at these yesterday evening and the idea of doing a two way transatlantic really appeals to us (can't bear the thought of flying any more!). We had considered spending a few days in NY in between, if that were possible, but then again maybe it would be nice to see some parts of Canada too! However, looking at the itineraries, there seem to be several options - are there any places you would recommend that we visit? We like to shop, and I understand the USA is very cheap, compared to Britain. Also, as you have experienced both the QE2 and the QM2, do you think we would be disappointed with the QM2 at all. We like the formality of QE2, but I've heard the QM2 is slightly less formal, is that really so in your experience?

We were looking at these yesterday evening and the idea of doing a two way transatlantic really appeals to us (can't bear the thought of flying any more!). We had considered spending a few days in NY in between, if that were possible, but then again maybe it would be nice to see some parts of Canada too! However, looking at the itineraries, there seem to be several options - are there any places you would recommend that we visit? We like to shop, and I understand the USA is very cheap, compared to Britain. Also, as you have experienced both the QE2 and the QM2, do you think we would be disappointed with the QM2 at all. We like the formality of QE2, but I've heard the QM2 is slightly less formal, is that really so in your experience?

The better of the fall itineraries is on the Queen Victoria rt from Southampton.

If it's shopping you want, then you'll be limited by those ta's which have a sort break between them - generally around US holidays during the late spring/summer.

As to formality, the transatlantics on the QM2 are more formal than her Caribbean sailings, and just slightly less formal than the QE2, but more formal than any other ship on the Great Circle route.

Thanks for your help, the major issue here now is that DH is refusing to even consider the QV. I did have a look anyway, and if it's the Autumn Colours one you are referring to, then it would be too long for us I think. That's not to say we wouldn't like to be on board for 24 days, just that work commitments would not allow it, we'd probably be pushing our luck with 19 days but it's a tad more realistic.

Thanks also for the information on formality, sounds pretty much what I expected actually.

Which of the QM itineraries would you recommend?

Looking at the lists of both the QV and QM2,its so disapointing to see no Caribbean voyages from Southampton and back on either ships.I love the days at sea and thought that the QV would do at least one ,as did the QE2.It seems things are changing and not always for the better.Perhaps its time to give the other lot a try!!(P and O)Never thought I would say that!

Regards

Kathie:)

Oh you just have to cross on the QM2 Annette. So what's the issue your husband has with the QV? Not that it really matters since I'm recommending the bigger sister but just curious.

The QM2 is not the QE2 but if you board her knowing that I think you will find her made from a different cut but a nice ship in her own right. She may overwhelm you at first with her huge size. However, I felt on my trip that the ship never felt crowded and had lots of nice intimate space. Kudos to the builders of the QM2.

The way the dollar is compared to the pound it would be cheaper for you to spend some time states-side. If you get the chance to see Atlantic Canada or Quebec City I would say "go for it". Although being Canadian it might appear that I am prejudiced but since I visited your country its time you see mine!:D

I hope that your next and last trip on the QE2 is not your last cruise.

David

DH simply feels the QV is jinxed I think, there are other reasons, but I won't go into them here :D

I too very much hope that our last cruise on the QE2 is not our last cruise! Since I would like to try the QM2 next, and we have at least started talking about doing something, I somehow think this will not be our last cruise!

Which of the following ports would be worth visiting:

Halifax, Boston, St John, Newport, Bar Harbour?

I am leaning towards the Trans-Canada Southampton, New York, Newport, Boston, Bar Harbour, St John, Halifax, New York, Southampton.

Or possibly the North American Adventure Southampton, New York, Halifax, Boston, New York, Southampton.

East Coast Discovery Southampton, New York, St John, New York, Southampton comes in as the third choice.

I think it's almost certain that we will talk to cruise sales while we are on board QE2, if we were to book something, then it might take the edge off having to disembark on 5th May :(

Which of the following ports would be worth visiting:

Halifax, Boston, St John, Newport, Bar Harbour?

I am leaning towards the Trans-Canada Southampton, New York, Newport, Boston, Bar Harbour, St John, Halifax, New York, Southampton.

Or possibly the North American Adventure Southampton, New York, Halifax, Boston, New York, Southampton.

East Coast Discovery Southampton, New York, St John, New York, Southampton comes in as the third choice.

Annette, I would put the three trips exactly in the same order you put them in. I've heard nothing but nice things about Bar Habor (as the Americans spell it but don't worry I spell it exactly the same way you do :D ) even if it is a tender stop. Its world-renowned at fall foliage time but sounds quaint year-round. Halifax is supposed to be a wonderful city on the Canadian Atlantic coast and its connection with Samuel Cunard (where he lived while in Canada) and the sinking of the Titanic makes it interesting from a nautical point of view. Also, Halifax was the site of the 1917 harbour explosion which saw a good deal of the city destroy after two ships collided in the harbour. I believe one was a munitions ship. Of course, Boston is also full of American history especially around the time of the country's creation which can be quite interesting and its a place Richard and I would like to see some day.

Sadly, except for NYC, I have not been to any of these other desitinations but I think the smaller stops in Bar Harbour and Newport make the first one you listed sound mighty interesting to me. But if you want just the highlights then the second cruise to the biggest stops can be quite nice as well. Sadly, St. John, New Brunswick just doesn't sound very interesting as the only North American place to visit and thus the third is the least interesting to me.

Just my one sided view. Glad to hear you are looking into a QM2 crossing and let me know if you ever do wander over to this side of the Atlantic.

David

It seems crazy that the full 2009 cruises for QV & QM2 are not yet showing n the UK website - they are on the German website not that you can look at schedules as when you click on dates it reverts to the UK site!!! Coupled with the fact that now brochures are yet available or have been sent out to my knowledge & that bookings open for past passenger next Thursday it's pretty much a shambles!!!!

I have luckily seen the schedules via my travel agent but still like to look at a brochure before I book something!!

Kind Regards,

RJMS74

Thanks for your input, David, much appreciated. You mention short and long stops... have you actually seen the itinerary somewhere to know when the stops actually take place and for how long? The TAs are obvious, but the length of the stops in between aren't showing in the link posted by the OP.

I too would very much like to see a brochure to help me make a decision, hopefully there will be some on board QE2, if we aren't sent one within the next couple of weeks or so.

Rest assured, I will certainly let you know if we do head your way, though from what you were saying further back up the thread, you might be considering one of the shorter breaks yourself maybe? ;)

Archived