Does Carnival Charge for Baby

Yes the new rule is in affect. They checked his B.C to make sure he was over 6 months old. Taking the baby was not hell, it was not the same, but it was not hell and it was not hard. The baby is treated better then we were in most cases to the point that the staff knew his name well before they knew mine. Also just want to point this out. Once on board we asked for food to blended up, which they did every night in the main dinner room. Does it suck to pay 3rd person fare, not really, you are taking a cabin that could have been sold to someone else. Its just the facts of life.

I would say to each there own on bringing a baby. Now that the little guy is starting to walk there is no way we are going back until he is over 2 years old. He is just to hard to keep with.

we will be taking a baby 5months and 3weeks in april08 on carnival. the age now is 6months but we booked june 07 when the 4 month rule was in effect. we were grandfathered

bia:o

I am here on the Carnival boards because I'm looking to book a cruise for next year when my son will be turning 2 on embarkation day. We just got back from an NCL cruise and they only charge port charges and taxes for the "under 2" crowd so it totalled $140, and they did not charge the tips although we did tip everyone extra. It was the BEST vacation, but that has a lot to do with the wonderful temperament of DS.

They do not take up a bed, they use a pack-n-play or crib which the ship provided. We did have to book over the phone because the cabin we booked only listed 2 people, but they allow the crib. In my case, DS was 13 months so eating regular food - and boy did he eat! I brought more toys than I needed - he liked people watching and just exploring the room (a small suite so plenty of room to roam around), but do bring a few sand toys. He loved the balcony - supervised of course; and we brought a blow up tub to use as a pool. We chose a 4 port (7 night) trip so we spent time at the beaches and sea days were spent on our balcony or roaming around the ship. We didn't feel that we missed any pool time at all. For dinner, we left if he got to be a bit cranky and this only happened twice. The 2nd time, we left before dessert and other passengers still commented on how good he was - I guess we were overly concerned that he was bothering other people! He was treated like royalty by both crew and passengers!

Wanted to share a picture of DS enjoying the blow up pool on the balcony. This smile rarely left his face!

NCLDayatSea3-24-08_11.jpg

I think everyone except Disney charges for infants. What I don't understand is, a couple traveling with just an infant do not need to get a room that has three beds. They can bring their own tiny port-a-crib. If the situation were such that they were reserving a room with a third bed that could have been used by a paying customer, my opinion would be different. But if you are with an infant in a two bed room, there should be no charge for an infant, or at the very least, a rate much lower then the 3rd/4th person rate.

I think everyone except Disney charges for infants. What I don't understand is, a couple traveling with just an infant do not need to get a room that has three beds. They can bring their own tiny port-a-crib. If the situation were such that they were reserving a room with a third bed that could have been used by a paying customer, my opinion would be different. But if you are with an infant in a two bed room, there should be no charge for an infant, or at the very least, a rate much lower then the 3rd/4th person rate.

As far as the coast guard is concerned, that is still a berth...

Why stop at infants. Why can't I bring another grownup if I supply a sleeping bag?

We just returned from a family cruise with our 10 month grandson. My kids were charged 3rd person rate for him, which makes sense. They were not charged tips, but gladly paid tips to their steward, waiter and camp carnival. The steward took the bottles each day and washed them, had to take care of the diapers. The waiter brought snacks for him at dinner, and even danced with him one night. The staff are amazing with kids, they don't see their children for long periods, so they love playing with the kids.

We had late dinner, most dinners he sat in a high chair, if he got restless, I would take him back to the room during desert (I don't eat desert). The kids would take him to Camp Carnival so they could go to the shows (10-2). During they day they would take him to Camp Carnival from noon to 2, so he could play. One port day we left him in Camp Carnival until noon (too much sun).

They brought the stroller, blow up swimming pool (we found an area with shade, out of the way we could put it on the sundeck. He took his nap in the stroller many times. The other thing they had bought that was a godsend going through the airport is the go-go kidz cart for the carseat.

They take the baby everywhere with them, on their ski boat, to the hockey games, out to dinner, so he is used to be out and about with lots of people and activities. My kids would never have came if they had to leave him behind. They weren't sure how they'd feel about Camp Carnival, but once they tried it, they used it on a regular basis, so it was still a vacation for them.

As far as the baby crying in the cabin next door, there's a lot of noises that can come from the cabin next door to wake you up!

taking a baby on a cruise is a PIECE OF CAKE. taking a toddler can be hell if your toddler is a runner.

I don't know this from experience because I didn't take little kids on a cruise, but from having little kids I am betting that you are 100% right.

Once they learn to walk...aiy-yi-yi!!

6,7,8,9 10 month old babies??? They are the best! All they do is smile and poop. I love 'em.

Toddlers?????????? :eek: Have MERCY!!

Ship em off and give them back to me when they turn 10. ;)

As far as the coast guard is concerned, that is still a berth...

Disney charges $189.00 for children under three, but then again mom and dad are paying a lot more then Carnival charges. Guess you can't get around those coast guard rules

Our steward had more work to do in our son's cabin with the baby then he did in ours. Under no circumstances would they have removed the gratuity, in fact when they found no gratuity on their account for the baby, they personally gave him and the waiter that plus more.

If I was in your position and I had to pay for my baby I would remove the gratuity for the baby and save a little.

Enjoy your cruise.

Ouch.

That doesn't seem very fair does it???

Archived