Desperate for something to do...

Ok, we leave in 10 days for our wedding cruise. And I must confess, I am seriously wanting wedding details to attend to, but have none ;)

Now some may consider this a positive of having a destination wedding. I find it both positive and negative. I do have a bridezilla inside of me, but the monster can't come out!!!

I guess I should just sit back, relax..and maybe pack. My fiance would prefer me doing that than all the shopping I can't stop doing.

Haha! I've been shopping like crazy this week too!! Decided I needed a whole new wardrobe for the cruise... I still have a few details to take care of and that has kept me out of the stores these past couple of days. Now it's time to pack. Congrats and good luck to you!

Ok, we leave in 10 days for our wedding cruise. And I must confess, I am seriously wanting wedding details to attend to, but have none ;)

Now some may consider this a positive of having a destination wedding. I find it both positive and negative. I do have a bridezilla inside of me, but the monster can't come out!!!

I guess I should just sit back, relax..and maybe pack. My fiance would prefer me doing that than all the shopping I can't stop doing.

Need something to do?? Drive us to the airport in 3 days!! lol

I don't know why but I have been shopping since I booked this cruise on 12/31/07. I have way too many clothes to begin with. Why in God's name I keep buying is beyond me! I am soooo shopped out. Yesterday I ran out to buy hubby a new bow tie and cummerbund and wound up buying pj's for me! Now I need to unpack one of the pj's I've already packed. lol Last night I ran to buy a windsocket thingy for the balcony. Today I will go to a clothes store in Manhattan to 'look around.":rolleyes:

I take three large pieces of luggage and two garment bags to be on the safe side.

Happy Cruising......Happy Honeymoon!!!

Just wait until it is all completely over and all you have left to do is write thank you notes.....

It's like this giant vacuum that you have been living in for a very long time, and have grown very accustomed to, all of a sudden, it ends and you are left with this huge void feeling, like this hole, that used to be filled with all things wedding....but no more....and you are not quite comfortable not having this huge thing to focus on anymore.... You have spent so many hours, so much time and a ton of energy focusing on this one thing, and all the details it brings...and all of a sudden it is gone....poof...and now what are you going to do with yourself?

I suppose people who marry rich end up finding a cause to fill the void....

It's a very weird place to end up...I never expected to be there...

It is a good time to get a hobby or start an exercise routine tho....or maybe take some ****** or start drinking...lol :D

sas80 --way to cheer me up. :D That is exactly how I am feeling already. And I am not even married yet! I am the type of person that really obsesses too. Guess I better work on getting pregnant next.

I know, I know, I'm sorry! ;) It's just such a strange phenomena!!! You're all stressed and focused on this event that consumes you and then, one day, poof, it's all gone and your are left wondering what you are going to fill your time with!

LOL, a baby! Who-hoo girl! They are sure fun to practice at ! Once your baby gets here you definitely wont be lacking in "something to focus on!"

LOL, a baby! Who-hoo girl! They are sure fun to practice at ! Once your baby gets here you definitely wont be lacking in "something to focus on!"

Still practicing here. lmao ;)

Too busy having fun to have kids. :D

Talk about that ship having sailed......:)

OMG I'm so excited for you!!! Just keep packing and shopping. And yeh good luck w/the whole relaxing thing....hahaha. :p

Enjoy every minute of it because it goes by REALLY fast - and tell Edwina that Laura said hello!!! DH and I are going to be in Aruba for our 1 year anniversary next January while on the Vision of the Seas and I can't wait to go back to the beach where we got married and just be able to soak it all in again. Because seriously, it goes by so fast that you don't know what hit you and all of a sudden it's over and you're up in the Viking Crown lounge in your wedding dress having a cocktail with all of your friends before you head to the dining room.....and then the next day you're in Curacao and can TRULY relax.

Enjoy!!!!!!! And enjoy these last few days of having a fiance because all of a sudden he's your HUSBAND and the first few times that word came out of my mouth I was stunned. I remember I was in the Windjammer and a waiter asked me if I needed anything to drink and I said "No thank you, my H-huh-HUSBAND is getting me an iced tea...." :D

Laura

Aw, Laura...you are the sweetest! That gave me goose bumps and sort of freaked me out a bit ;) I will give Edwina your best. It is so close now, I can't believe it! We are getting very excited. My mom, who was pretty much anti-wedding cruise is already packed and ready to go! I think it is great. I don't regret going this was for a second. It was the best thing I ever did. Going to be so different than the "normal" wedding! And I am going to stretch the celebration not only for the day on Aruba, but the entire week!

Thanks again for everyone's help on these boards!

-Colleen

Archived