Are doors on Fantasy metal?

cnorris

Just want to agree about magnets not sticking. that was one of the few things I had read on cruise critic that was wrong information. I brought several magnetic things and was very surprised that it would not work! I was able to still put a couple things up, though.

On sensation (sister ship) we used side walk chalk to make our door stand out. The stewards left it til the night we were leaving. It was funny as my daughter is an artist and drew a scene on her door... several people staying near us commented on the door and wanted to know who did it.... makes a father who is ponying up some jack for college proud.

We had a couple who were on their honeymoon (knew this because they wrote it on the do not disturb sign) about 15 doors down and my daughter drew a wedding cake on their door. It was the last night and she saw them coming out and ask them how they liked the cake.... they thought the stewards were doing it for them. loved it.

On sensation (sister ship) we used side walk chalk to make our door stand out. The stewards left it til the night we were leaving. It was funny as my daughter is an artist and drew a scene on her door... several people staying near us commented on the door and wanted to know who did it.... makes a father who is ponying up some jack for college proud.

This sounds like a winner. I may need to get some for my next cruise.

I was on Valor and those doors were supposed to be metal, but my magnets didn't work. Oh well...

I love the sidewalk chalk idea!! I've got a bucket full that I bought for a school project. I take it that it just washed off?

Now I wish I could draw.

I was on Valor and those doors were supposed to be metal, but my magnets didn't work. Oh well...

I love the sidewalk chalk idea!! I've got a bucket full that I bought for a school project. I take it that it just washed off?

Now I wish I could draw.

Yes it would wipe off with a wet cloth. I actually had to contain my teens... 15 & 19 as they started attacking everything. We were in port in Nassau and I look around and see them doing sidewalk art... did not want any trouble in another country!

The magnets will not stick on the outside of the cabin doors of the Triumph. I also got the wrong information for both Triumph and Legend. Several people said "Yes, the doors are metal". i specifically asked about magnets sticking, not just the material used to make the doors. I guess it's possible that the doors are different on the various decks, but more likely it is people answering questions without the facts.

I used double sided tape and it worked great and came off with no problem. Last year on the Legend I brought both the magnetic signs and plain paper - just in case. We ended up puttting the magnetic ones on the bathroom door. Odd - but the magnets stuck to the bathroom door.

Archived