review of snorkel & beach break NCL

shark&minnow

Belize: (3/08) We did the snorkel and private beach through NCL. This day was cool and rainy and the water was rough. The tenders were delayed because of the rough weather. we eventually got to shore and then on to our catamaran with over 100 other guests. they took us to the reef and most everyone got in. I've had a little experience snorkeling and I wanted to see the reef, but I tired quickly of the rough water and 100 of my new friends everywhere. I was surprised that they let everyone regardless of age and physical ability get in. They had to rescue an older woman out of the water...(she may have been with another group) Next we went to the private island which was beautiful, but it was cool and rainy. Okay the brochure said open bar, but this only meant rum punch on the boat, not on the island. The island had drinks and food for sale. we could go back to the boat for "rum" punch. Now the reason I say "rum" is that this became questionable. They gave a stearn warning that no children should be given a drink as it is illegal in Belize. My husband got us some punch and he tasted it and said it was very weak, which isn't surprising. But after I had 2 of these smallish cups of weak rum punch, I was feeling it quite a bit. Still I didn't think much about it. On the way back to the ship everyone was quite jovial and that is when everyone started talking and the concessus was that our punch was probably made with grain alcohol and not rum. This really concerned me because one should know what they are drinking because it makes a huge difference. So be warned that when they say it's rum it may not be.

Archived