Need Help With Universal Studios & Busch Gardens Area Hotels

We are doing a 4 night Bahamas Cruise on RCCL and want to add a trip into Orlando to our vacation. We will be going to Universal for 2 nights prior to the cruise and Busch Gardens for 2 nights after.

I have not stayed in Orlando since I was a teenager. I am pretty savvy with travel sites but have had no luck finding hotels. I am unfamiliar with the location of Universal and I have NO idea what would be a safe area for our family.confused24.gif Can I get some help from all of you nice people?

Which hotels do you recommend near US and IOA? Also near Bush Gardens? We are a family of 4 with children 8 and 11. We are looking for a hotel hopefully for under $100 a night that has a pool and complimentary continental breakfast. It would be an added treat if it had a work out room. Safety and cleanliness are my top priorities.

Thanks so much.

The area in the immediate vicinity of Busch Gardens in Tampa is not the greatest these days. A little run down looking. So check in on the big Tampa thread for great advice from Cracker Ken. For my two cents, the area closest to Busch Gardens that is nicest is outside of USF on Fowler Ave.

In the summer, you should have good luck with Priceline.

It is worth every penny to stay onsite at Universal. You can walk right into both parks from the Hard Rock and the Royal Pacific. Also you can take a nice boat ride from all three hotels - Hard Rock, Royal Pacific and the Portofino. I have stayed in all three hotels, numerous times. I like them all. I have stayed off-site at hotels "across the road" from Universal - never again. For the price difference, it simply is not worth the hassle and dirty hotel. If you stay in one of Universal's hotels you get fast pass - front of the line - access for almost all rides. It is really awesome. Check it on on their website.

Archived