Carnivals Cayman Shore Snorkel anone?

G&TQ

Has anyone been on Carnivals Grand Cayman Shore Snorkel?

Other then the description on Carnivals web site I can not find anythin on it. Any information would be helpful.

The count down is 28 days and a wake up! Triumph 5/3/08

Thanks!

We been to Cayman 3 times on Carnival cruises. We really enjoy

Grand Cayman. While we have not done this excursion to say.

The last time we rented a "day rate" at the Marriott hotel. We had

the beach to ourselves on that day. We were able to snorkel out

on the beach and had plenty of fish to see. We really had a great

time on this beach. Plus we had access to the fresh water pool and a

room to shower and clean up.

Save your money, you can snorkel a few hundred yards from the pier, it's a great spot with plenty of fish, lounge chairs and food.

I think you are talking about the place that you can book through the ship for the Cayman Shore Snorkel excursion. I don't know what they charge you if you walk there directly but they do charge.

We did this excursion in February. It was o.k. It is close to the ship, the gear rental is included. They charge $5 for a lock to use their lockers. We did not eat there. The steps are very rock and you can't swim close to the shore since it is all sheer rock. The fish are, o.k. You have great views of your ship and other ships anchored off shore.

I really wanted to snorkel in Cozumel since it is supposed to be so much better there. I am glad we did it at Grand Cayman though, because the waters at Coz were too rough and the snorkeling excursions were all canceled the day we stopped there.

I think you are talking about the place that you can book through the ship for the Cayman Shore Snorkel excursion. I don't know what they charge you if you walk there directly but they do charge.

I really wanted to snorkel in Cozumel since it is supposed to be so much better there. I am glad we did it at Grand Cayman though,

We weren't charged anything to snorkel there, only if we wanted to rent gear there was a charge.

Be glad your chose Cayman, i feel it has much better snorkeling than Cozumel.

We weren't charged anything to snorkel there, only if we wanted to rent gear there was a charge.

Be glad your chose Cayman, i feel it has much better snorkeling than Cozumel.

Wow, I am surprised to learn they didn't try to charge you. I will remember that if we ever get back to Grand Cayman. We were going to snorkel at Chankanaab. Guess I'm glad we got the snorkeling excursion in. Thanks.

Wow, I am surprised to learn they didn't try to charge you. I will remember that if we ever get back to Grand Cayman. We were going to snorkel at Chankanaab. Guess I'm glad we got the snorkeling excursion in. Thanks.

We just walked up and got a chair, done that twice so far. The man did come around and ask us if we wanted to rent snorkel equipement or buy fish food, when we told him no, he threw a handfull of food in the water witch created the ultimate fish attach LOL!

I snorkeled Chankanaab also, it's totally different and no sandy area to enter the water either, it's stairs made out of rock just like in Cayman, although the beach was beautiful and there was other things to do besides snorkel, i call it the desert ocean because it is sand and coral formations, also they have made their own underwater ruins. Expensive to get into Chankanaab also.

Archived