Medical update

marty30907

last year I posted about having Prostate Cancer and all the treatments that I had to endure which is how we cruise on the Triumph last month as my reward for everything I went though last year.

Well, just got back from the doctor and my PSA fell from 5.5 to 1.5! This surprised the doctors! The expected the PSA to fall to about 3 not 1!

I now have many more cruising years left for my DW and I!

Thank you all for your support and prayers. Please keep up the prayers and I still have 2 years of follow ups to endure.

Hopefully, we will meet on the high seas someday!

Hi, so happy to hear of your good news. Last year my DH was told he had Prostate cancer (high risk , high grade status) also, we cancelled our cruise and set about getting appointments consults, etc. He had surgery on April 9th, unfortunately they did not get it all, on Mothers Day he was admitted to the hosptial with blood clots in both lungs and in one leg. He is now on a treatment program that is working for him for the present time. We watch his PSA's really closely, and pray that it won't start going up again. We are so thankful for the care he has received from the Dr.s and hospital , his oncologist is a wonderful Dr. who gives us hope. Since we got the news, we have heard of and know other men who have this disease, it is really widespread. We ask everyone to get tested, follow up if there is a question. My DH cancer is high grade , advanced, don't let that happen to you or your loved ones. Get tested.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread , I just saw it as an opportunity to tell everyone to find out about this disease.

Cori

last year I posted about having Prostate Cancer and all the treatments that I had to endure which is how we cruise on the Triumph last month as my reward for everything I went though last year.

Well, just got back from the doctor and my PSA fell from 5.5 to 1.5! This surprised the doctors! The expected the PSA to fall to about 3 not 1!

I now have many more cruising years left for my DW and I!

Thank you all for your support and prayers. Please keep up the prayers and I still have 2 years of follow ups to endure.

Hopefully, we will meet on the high seas someday!

I am so happy for you and I will indeed keep you in my prayers! Congrats!

Wonderful news! My dad was diagnoised with Prostate cancer at the age of 62 he had surgery, was treated with lupron for many years and will be celebrating his 80th birthday this summer!:) His PSA count is so low we tease him and tell him he is almost a girl:D

Hi, so happy to hear of your good news. Last year my DH was told he had Prostate cancer (high risk , high grade status) also, we canceled our cruise and set about getting appointments consults, etc. He had surgery on April 9th, unfortunately they did not get it all, on Mothers Day he was admitted to the hospital with blood clots in both lungs and in one leg. He is now on a treatment program that is working for him for the present time. We watch his PSA's really closely, and pray that it won't start going up again. We are so thankful for the care he has received from the Dr.s and hospital , his oncologist is a wonderful Dr. who gives us hope. Since we got the news, we have heard of and know other men who have this disease, it is really widespread. We ask everyone to get tested, follow up if there is a question. My DH cancer is high grade , advanced, don't let that happen to you or your loved ones. Get tested.

I didn't mean to hijack this thread , I just saw it as an opportunity to tell everyone to find out about this disease.

Cori

I cannot take credit in any way. If my DW was not so diligent in getting me to the doctor for check ups, this would not have been caught.

My Lord and Savior gets all the credit for this!

I pray that all men from the age of 40 and up get tested and it is so easy since it is just a blood test.

My family doctor caught it early when it was easily beatable. I have been told that if you have to have cancer, this is the best to have since it is so treatable.

I really mean it when I say, MEN, get checked!

Love you all!

Congratulations on the wonderful news! God is good!

Enjoy your "reward cruise". :)

My father is a 6-years post prostate cancer survivor. I'm grateful every day that my dad is a testament to God's healing power. Same for you. :)

Take care,

Marty,

1. Thank you for your service to our country. God bless you!

2. Way to go! Let your story about beating Prostate cancer be known! God only knows how tough it must have been for you. Let others who are afflicted know what helped you through your darkest moments.

I too, hope we will meet someday on the high seas!

Lee

Having gone thru cancer 2x's once 20 yrs ago & now last summer I know what you have gone thru & completely understand the ups & downs. But a big "CONGRATS" on the great news. Now just keep up that wonderful attitude & get all your check-ups they are the 2 most important things you can do. And yes, let all the men you come into contact with know the the importance of testing, it saves lives...:D

P.S. maybe we need to get a cruise together for cancer survivors & we can all celebrate life together....

Having gone thru cancer 2x's once 20 yrs ago & now last summer I know what you have gone thru & completely understand the ups & downs. But a big "CONGRATS" on the great news. Now just keep up that wonderful attitude & get all your check-ups they are the 2 most important things you can do. And yes' date=' let all the men you come into contact with know the the importance of testing, it saves lives...:D [/color']

P.S. maybe we need to get a cruise together for cancer survivors & we can all celebrate life together....

I second that PS..........congratulations to you Marty, I'm sure it was a long hard road, the best to you and your family for the future.

I am currently going through treatment myself and have booked a Nov. cruise to hopefully "celebrate" my win with the battle. There is nothing like being on the high seas with wonderful people to boost spirits. Be well and God bless !!

Archived