Zappos..Unreal

I just received a pair of Poetic Justice sandals that I had a back order on from Zappos. The name of the shoe is Margarita and I got it in red. They have the weirest smell, somewhat like lacquer:p , but they are so darned cute I am "airing" them out in the hopes that the smell will go away. I have never had this happen with any shoes, and God knows I have a LOT of shoes:D . They are patent leather and came from China, so the paint probably contains a ton of lead and my feet will drop off, but they'll look cute doing it;)

I love Zappo's........and have found another shoe site that has amazing service as well - Take a look at Endless.com. Free shipping, next day delivery if you order by 4pm and they take $5 off your order if you allow them to ship your shoes free/next day.

Endless.com is the relatively new Amazon offering that competes with Zappos. Also there is PiperLime.com - they are owned by the Gap folks, and they are similar to the others, with free shipping and returns. Seems there is no end to great places to buy shoes!! :)

I just received a pair of Poetic Justice sandals that I had a back order on from Zappos. The name of the shoe is Margarita and I got it in red. They have the weirest smell, somewhat like lacquer:p , but they are so darned cute I am "airing" them out in the hopes that the smell will go away. I have never had this happen with any shoes, and God knows I have a LOT of shoes:D . They are patent leather and came from China, so the paint probably contains a ton of lead and my feet will drop off, but they'll look cute doing it

Do not wear them!!:eek:

:eek: Did you read about this when it was posted several months ago?

Very scary....

A woman wears shoes made in China and this is what happened to her feet!

Here is the article and pic below....

http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/flipflop.asp

flpflopchemburn.jpg

Although these were purchased at Walmart, the shoe was made in China.

Apparently a toy chemical was used ( produced in same factory)and it burned the HE** outta peoples feet!

The pics are just horrendous.

If you research this further, you will find hundreds upon hundreds were burned and affected.

I would be really leary....

But I also think I am in the minority about things produced/made in China. Not everything made/produced in China is bad, just as not everything made/produced in the United States is good.

Now, having said that: if the smell is not gone by tomorrow, the shoes are going back w/o regard to where they were made.

And if I have offended anyone with this comment, so be it. I have some knowledge of how things are made in China. Some are good and some are not so good.

They did!!!

Only problem is she has been dancing in them all day!:D

I keep telling her "Honey, those are for the cruise..."

Her reply:

" But Momeeeeeee, they are soooooooo pretty!!!":D (As she hops)

Love Zappos!!

She is so your child, so why on Earth would you expect anything less from her????

But I also think I am in the minority about things produced/made in China. Not everything made/produced in China is bad, just as not everything made/produced in the United States is good.

Now, having said that: if the smell is not gone by tomorrow, the shoes are going back w/o regard to where they were made.

And if I have offended anyone with this comment, so be it. I have some knowledge of how things are made in China. Some are good and some are not so good.

Uh...

I do NOT think I implied that things made in China,in general, were bad and if that is what you read...read it again.;)

Zappos is the best ever. I live in a real rural area, and it's almost inpossible to get next day delivery. I ordered shoes from there around 11am. By noon the next day they were on my porch. I was seriously blown away.

I've used both Zappo's, Shoebuy.com, and onlineshoes is another you can check.

As a man that wears a 12 narrow, these sites are wonderful. Department stores such as Dillard's or Macy's won't carry them, as they can't move any volume.

I do notice that Shoebuy has more sales then Zappo's, they seem to do a $20 off sale on a regular basis; what's available depends on which manufacturers participate.

The selection is incredible at least for men at all of these sites, as they market high & low end, as well as formal or casual lines.

JMHO

I sent the shoes back because I simply couldn't stand the smell, and it didn't get any better after sitting out overnight.

And my comment about things made in China wasn't aimed at you or your posting, Heather: it was just my comment about how I feel. Sorry if you thought it was personal.

But now I'm bummed because those shoes were so cute, but I'll just keep looking. Somewhere out there is a pair of low heel red sandals with my name on it:)

I recently checked out zappos.com and compared them to onlineshoes.com and found that the shoes I was going to order were $4.05 more at zappos. Doesn't seem like much except I ordered them in several different colors so it ended up being a much better deal at onlineshoes.com. Just do plenty of checking around :D

But now I'm bummed because those shoes were so cute, but I'll just keep looking. Somewhere out there is a pair of low heel red sandals with my name on it:)

Darn, and I just gave a couple pairs of red, low heeled sandals to Goodwill. :(

I recently checked out zappos.com and compared them to onlineshoes.com and found that the shoes I was going to order were $4.05 more at zappos. Doesn't seem like much except I ordered them in several different colors so it ended up being a much better deal at onlineshoes.com. Just do plenty of checking around :D

Another good source is shoemall.com

I got this pair of shoes for $35.99 reduced from $79.95. On Zappos they are a little more. Now I just hope they don't hurt my feet. :(

Nina-Womens-Fiola-Sandal-Black-126822

126822BLK1Z.jpg.5d72df5cc29e6ed7d09497dbe9e35b10.jpg

I've been looking for a comfortable shoe to wear on a Med cruise and don't like wearing sneakers with skirts. I just received these shoes from Zappo's yesterday, put them on and wore them for about 6 hours--they are actually more comfortable than sneakers. And they come in lots of different colors and styles and have a velcro closure. The brand is J 41 if anyone is interested.

4998-350099-t.jpg

Archived