Transport From Vancouver Downtown to Airport

Hello. I viewed a current post about transport from the Vancouver Airport to Downtown Vancouver. Several persons wrote that a cab from the Airport to a downtown hotel was about $40-45, with a less expensive bus service also available that runs every 30 minutes. This summer I will need to get transport from the Blue Horizon Hotel downtown (we will be two persons) to the Airport to catch a 9:30 AM flight. Do I have any reliable and less expensive alternatives to a cab going in that direction? Thanks very much for your time and advice.

Hello. I viewed a current post about transport from the Vancouver Airport to Downtown Vancouver. Several persons wrote that a cab from the Airport to a downtown hotel was about $40-45, with a less expensive bus service also available that runs every 30 minutes. This summer I will need to get transport from the Blue Horizon Hotel downtown (we will be two persons) to the Airport to catch a 9:30 AM flight. Do I have any reliable and less expensive alternatives to a cab going in that direction? Thanks very much for your time and advice.

The shuttle service you are looking for is the Airporter and here is their link. However in looking at their schedule it appears that they don't go out to the airport as early as 6:30 am which is when you are going to need to leave to get to YVR 2 hours before your flight which is required by your airline. I fear your only alterantive may be a cab which should run $35 to $40. From the site you will see the Airporter rate is $13.50 pp or $27.00 for the 2 of you. There is also transit but this is a bit awkard if you have more than a bag each as these are really commuter buses; however I am providing the link to transit as well. http://www.yvrairporter.com/

http://tripplanning.translink.bc.ca/hiwire?.a=iTripPlanning&.s={$SID}

Thanks for the reply Putterdude. I had a feeling that the early hour of departure would not work in my favor and limit my options. The cruise from Alaska to Vancouver will be costing a forturne. Another $40 for a cab will not be the end of the world. On the positive side, I am sure a cab will be the fastest option, allowing a few more minutes of extra sleep that morning. Thanks again.

Thanks for the reply Putterdude. I had a feeling that the early hour of departure would not work in my favor and limit my options. The cruise from Alaska to Vancouver will be costing a forturne. Another $40 for a cab will not be the end of the world. On the positive side, I am sure a cab will be the fastest option, allowing a few more minutes of extra sleep that morning. Thanks again.

If I could make one more suggestion it would be to make arrangements for a cab before you go to bed or when you first get up in the morning. Unlike NYC, Vancouver does not a have cabs on the street that can be flagged, the situation does get a bit tight during cruise season and it is not likely you are going to find one waiting out in front of the BH. Allow yourself a full 45 min or longer to get out to YVR and arrive at YVR at least two hours prior to your flight. You will clear US customs at YVR. Enjoy your vacation.

• 4 weeks later...
The shuttle service you are looking for is the Airporter and here is their link. However in looking at their schedule it appears that they don't go out to the airport as early as 6:30 am which is when you are going to need to leave to get to YVR 2 hours before your flight which is required by your airline. I fear your only alterantive may be a cab which should run $35 to $40. From the site you will see the Airporter rate is $13.50 pp or $27.00 for the 2 of you. There is also transit but this is a bit awkard if you have more than a bag each as these are really commuter buses; however I am providing the link to transit as well. http://www.yvrairporter.com/

http://tripplanning.translink.bc.ca/hiwire?.a=iTripPlanning&.s={$SID}

Putterdude; I just saw your answer to this thread and I have a question of my own. We are staying at the Blue Horizon and are needing to catch a cab for an early flight be to US ( 6:30 A.M.on a Monday):( Will getting a cab to the airport at 3:30 A.M. be a problem?

Putterdude; I just saw your answer to this thread and I have a question of my own. We are staying at the Blue Horizon and are needing to catch a cab for an early flight be to US ( 6:30 A.M.on a Monday):( Will getting a cab to the airport at 3:30 A.M. be a problem?

Boy what did you do to annoy the airline?;)

No, you won't have a problem getting a cab at that hour but please have the desk order it for you before you go to bed.

Putterdude, Thanks for the answer! This seemed like a good idea in Jan.:confused: :confused: . My husband wanted an early start so he could go to work on Tues. He is now rethinking the idea of working on Tues.:rolleyes: :rolleyes: Thanks again for the quick answer!

I have seen two questions on this thread regarding taxis from the Blue Horizon on Robson St. to the airport, both in the very early morning. At that timeof day the trip will be pretty fast with very littletrafic and I would doubt if the taxi would cost more than $30 at the most. The early morning commuters (if any at that time) will all be coming in to town and you will be going out. We live notfar from the BH and it would only take us 15 to 20 minutes to dothe drive. But, be sure to get the front desk to put in a "pre-Date" for the tme you need to be picked up. they are very good and we have always foundthem on tme. Enjoy your trip. :D :D

}

Putterdude, is the cab fare per person or per cab? Are there cabs that will hold six people with luggage? We will be going from the airport to the Hampton Inn and Suites at 111 Robson. Any idea of the rate for 6 people to that hotel?

Putterdude, is the cab fare per person or per cab? Are there cabs that will hold six people with luggage? We will be going from the airport to the Hampton Inn and Suites at 111 Robson. Any idea of the rate for 6 people to that hotel?

The rate I quoted was per cab. Because of gas prices most cabs have been down sized to the point that you are hard pressed to get 4 adult passengers with bags into them. There are some mini-van cabs but they are finite and even then 6 people with bags may be tough order for them. I am kind of thinking of a limo which will run you $45/50 but still keep you under the $81 that you would pay for 6 on the Airporter shuttle. Here is the YVR limo link.

http://www.yvr.com/guide/toandfrom/limos.asp

Archived