Can't decide what to do in Belize ...

stephuney

We've done Belize twice. Last trip we went to Bannister Island and did their reef snorkel. Nice place and a good trip, but my fav was the cavetubing. If you have never done it you need to go. We used a company called Wet & Wild at that time. I think that they changed the name to Belize Cavetubing, but I am not 100% sure. I've seen great reviews on several different companies, so take your pick.

We've done Belize twice. Last trip we went to Bannister Island and did their reef snorkel. Nice place and a good trip, but my fav was the cavetubing. If you have never done it you need to go. We used a company called Wet & Wild at that time. I think that they changed the name to Belize Cavetubing, but I am not 100% sure. I've seen great reviews on several different companies, so take your pick.

cave tubing is defintely being considered ... thanks

We just returned from a cruise on Navigator of the Seas, and probably one of our favorite parts of the cruise was the shore excursion we booked through cave-tubing.com. Yhonny is the owner of the company, we were guided by Raphael, also known as Tigre - he was WONDERFUL! It is a professional, reputable company, and we never felt at risk of not getting back to the ship on time. We are always tentative about booking any excursion separate from those offered by the ship, because while we love the places we visit, we don't want to become "native" by missing the third blow of the ship's horn. We read enough about this company on line that we decided to go, and were VERY VERY glad. He was our personal tour guide - we saw more and did more and paid half the price of the ship tour. The cost was $45/person, and we gave a healthy tip just because he did a super job. We went to the website, sent a letter, and had a response inside 6 hours. (It was filtered as spam, so make sure you go look for it in the right place.) We brought the letter with us, and payed at the end of the trip.

About the trip - I expected the caves to be drippy and wet - they were not at all; the ceilings are dry, but you see some very cool formations. The rapids are not at all strong in the river, although you do need to lift up your butt! (I bought the T-shirt...)

They have an ATV tour available through the jungle. We didn't go - but the ATV's looked new and well-maintained.

Enjoy!

Lisa

Two2Cruise, while I agree that cave-tubing is fun, I have to ask you how long you actually were in the water. We just returned and I was very disappointed with Yhonny's company. We only went through one cave and it was only 30 minutes of actual cave-tubing. I thought it was a waste of time and wish I'd booked with another company.

Not sure exactly how long we were in the water, but we went through two caves and also along a patch of river. The family estimates 1 to 1.5 hours total. He said we could do more because we had the time.

I've been to Belize twice before on excursions and always did the snorkling with stingrays tour. Not this time . . . I have a sore knee (okay, the doctor says it's arthritis but whatever . . . can't go up and down that ladder in and out of the boat again). My question about the cavetubing (which I would love to do) . . . how much walking is involved in getting from where they drop you off to the water? And . . . do you really have to carry your own raft . . . :eek: No problem years ago but . . . this "old chick" 'ain't what she used to be . . . . :(

Major Tom rocks with his crew.Never heard of any complaints about most of the cave tubers outfits.If your tour was a half hour it was probably because you did not have much time. Thesawch

We just returned from our cruise. We ziplened and did the cave tubing with Major Tom.

It was one of the best experiences ever. They are a professional group who really earn their pay. This is a must do!

Cathy

What was your favorite thing to do in Belize?

Sure wish I could see the Blue Hole but know there is no chance of that on a cruise excursion.

For me the best things are cavetubing and the zipline!! There is nothing like flying over the trees and floating on the river on hot days. I mean talk about a relaxing adventure. Try contacting Dorian Rivero at belizetraveladventure. A friend recommended him and I looked him up and boy did my husband and I have fun.:D

Archived