Dive operators?

55cool

I am torn between Grand Cayman and Belize for my one dive trip for our cruise (April 13th-20th, Carnival Valor)...Thought I would get some opinions on who to use and where to dive. I am a PADI certified diver if that helps...Thanks in advance!

Wayne

Why wouldn't you dive in both places?

For GCM, I liked http://www.neptunesdivers.com for a boat dive.

If you want to save some money you could do some shore dives. There are several choices for dive sites.

Closest to where the tenders dock in Georgetown is Eden Rock. There are two dive operators near by for gear rentals. A little farther away is http://www.sunsethouse.com where you can do a shore dive and rent gear from their on-site dive shop. Third choice is http://www.divetech.com/index.htm which has two shore dive sites. You'd need to take a taxi to their shop.

Why wouldn't you dive in both places?

For GCM, I liked www.neptunesdivers.com for a boat dive.

If you want to save some money you could do some shore dives. There are several choices for dive sites.

Closest to where the tenders dock in Georgetown is Eden Rock. There are two dive operators near by for gear rentals. A little farther away is www.sunsethouse.com where you can do a shore dive and rent gear from their on-site dive shop. Third choice is http://www.divetech.com/index.htm which has two shore dive sites. You'd need to take a taxi to their shop.

Bruce,

I would LOVE to dive both places but my wife doesn't dive so I promised this trip wouldn't become a dive trip...You have given me a few great ideas, much appreciated!

Do you think it's worthwhile doing the Stingray City Dive? My husband dives but I don't and I could go along on this one and snorkel. But if it isn't worth it, I don't want to ruin it for him!

Also, does anyone have any info on diving in Cozumel? Again, we thought we could go together if he dives from Playa Uvas. Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance.

I've heard that Cozumel is the best for new divers. My husband and I did a resort course in Cancun last year and then chose Cozumel as our open water dive. We love it!! We just recently got our certification and are diving in Grand Cayman and Honduras on our cruise in June.

Who are you diving with in Grand Cayman? We will be there in July, and my husband would like to dive in both places. I'm fine just staying on the ship in GC, so I'd be interested in recommendations.

Thanks.

Who are you diving with in Grand Cayman? We will be there in July, and my husband would like to dive in both places. I'm fine just staying on the ship in GC, so I'd be interested in recommendations.

Thanks.

We are going thru the ship on the dives. The prices I found online were pretty comparable because we don't have equipment. We're just starting out and will get it eventually but we only have personal gear for this trip. Most places I found were about $75 for the dive and then about $30 to rent equipment so its just about the same as the ship price.

Bruce,

I would LOVE to dive both places but my wife doesn't dive so I promised this trip wouldn't become a dive trip...You have given me a few great ideas, much appreciated!

GC over Belize. Cheaper, easier, quicker to get to, time afterwards to look around, and the diving is better, imo.

• 3 months later...

I see some of you are a diver/non-diver couple who have already finished your cruise. How did it go? Did you do Stingray City as a diver/snorkeler couple and were you happy with the arrangements?

I am still wavering on this one, I am a PADI diver, hubby is not and we want to do Stingray City. The independant dive operators all look to be in the $110-120 range for a SRC dive with gear hire.

Is it worth it or should I just settle for snorkelling on this one?

Archived