I am SO bummed! I'm supposed to be in Hawaii right now

80sGurl

Do you have any friends in HI. You could make their week by giving them a call and offering to transfer your booking for a real bargain. Better to get a little something back on your investment.

Wharf Rat - know anyone that wants to cruise on the POAM today ?

I am but I already have a tix. Don't think they would give yours to someone else anyway since 9/11 security rules...

I just spoke to NCL and although the lady was "sort of" sympathetic, she was saying that she really couldn't talk to me because I booked thru a travel agent!! I understand that, but he's being no help AT ALL and he's not even working today. This is a huge bummer. I told NCL that I at least wanted to give them the Courtesy of knowing that a family would not be showing up today, I gave her my booking number, so she could make note etc.

I want to write a letter to NCL to maybe get maybe a small discount on another cruise, but she made it sound like the travel agent would have to do that. Boy, what a catch 22 since the travel agent sucks. Maybe I should go above him to his manager??

So there is a beautiful Family Suite, Room 7592, 2 bedrooms with a living room that will be sailing empty all week... :*(

Anyone want it for a bargain?? Can reservations be transferred? I doubt if they can ?

Tina

they would have it on the news of the 100's of cabins empty due to the bankruptcy of ATA & Aloha leaving folks without a flight to HI. Then people would flock to the shore to get on since it is a USA ship. Delay leaving & fill it up! Then credit the folks who couldn't make it.

In fact folks who are reading us, call NCL to inform them of your flight fiasco and no way to get there even on a delayed arrival at another port. They may book you including air crediting what you paid for a future cruise.

I just spoke to NCL and although the lady was "sort of" sympathetic, she was saying that she really couldn't talk to me because I booked thru a travel agent!! I understand that, but he's being no help AT ALL and he's not even working today. This is a huge bummer. I told NCL that I at least wanted to give them the Courtesy of knowing that a family would not be showing up today, I gave her my booking number, so she could make note etc.

I want to write a letter to NCL to maybe get maybe a small discount on another cruise, but she made it sound like the travel agent would have to do that. Boy, what a catch 22 since the travel agent sucks. Maybe I should go above him to his manager??

So there is a beautiful Family Suite, Room 7592, 2 bedrooms with a living room that will be sailing empty all week... :*(

Anyone want it for a bargain?? Can reservations be transferred? I doubt if they can ?

Tina

You absolutely should go to the manager, or even the agency owner, on this! If the TA is going to lose $$$ for them in the future maybe they will do something for you now. Also, you might want to ask for a supervisor at NCL to make sure it's in your record. So sorry this happened.

Tina

If you can get to LA on a shuttle kind of flight could you get out of there? Lots more flights from LA to Hawaii than Phoenix to Hawaii. Hawaiian Air has been running special flights to take up the slack. Call them for suggestions?

If you can get to LA on a shuttle kind of flight could you get out of there? Lots more flights from LA to Hawaii than Phoenix to Hawaii. Hawaiian Air has been running special flights to take up the slack. Call them for suggestions?

Wharf Rat- I've tried the LA angle, I've tried San Fran, you name it... I had US Air people and even the people at the Continental Desk at the San Diego airport trying for over an hour - there's pretty much nuthin'

I am going to call Hawaiian one more time, who knows... I know they had flights leaving from San Fran last night, but there were no returns, or they were VERY late into the week of the 14th and we can't do that, plus they were super unaffordable... I'm going to try Hawaiian one more time

well, I just tried calling Hawaiian Airlines and you can't even get thru. It says, "Due to high call volumes, please make your call at another time"

I checked online just now too and there's nothing for today or tomorrow or even monday.

Tina

Wharf Rat- I've tried the LA angle, I've tried San Fran, you name it... I had US Air people and even the people at the Continental Desk at the San Diego airport trying for over an hour - there's pretty much nuthin'

I am going to call Hawaiian one more time, who knows... I know they had flights leaving from San Fran last night, but there were no returns, or they were VERY late into the week of the 14th and we can't do that, plus they were super unaffordable... I'm going to try Hawaiian one more time

If you can get a red eye tonight and go to Hilo tomorrow ? Just hoping...

The loss of two airlines here has folks in Hawaii wondering "just how do we get off this rock in the middle of the ocean"... With the price of oil going up maybe more airlines will collapse. ARG. Hawaii has already predicted the loss of at least 500,000 tourists a year. Please don't blame Hawaii for the airlines problems. The state can't bail out every business going belly up these days, and I fear it is just beginning. With the final sailing of the Pride of Aloha there will only be one NL ship here. I am not interested in the island one, just the Fanning one.

Wharf Rat - unfortunately there are literally NO flights going out tonight that aren't already booked solid with huge stand by lists. I've tried every possible angle imaginable. If there was a red eye going out tonight, I'd definately be on it... :) Did you say you are going on Pride of America tonight? Or was that someone else?

Tina

If you can get a red eye tonight and go to Hilo tomorrow ? Just hoping...

The loss of two airlines here has folks in Hawaii wondering "just how do we get off this rock in the middle of the ocean"... With the price of oil going up maybe more airlines will collapse. ARG. Hawaii has already predicted the loss of at least 500,000 tourists a year. Please don't blame Hawaii for the airlines problems. The state can't bail out every business going belly up these days, and I fear it is just beginning. With the final sailing of the Pride of Aloha there will only be one NL ship here. I am not interested in the island one, just the Fanning one.

Wharf Rat - unfortunately there are literally NO flights going out tonight that aren't already booked solid with huge stand by lists. I've tried every possible angle imaginable. If there was a red eye going out tonight, I'd definately be on it... :) Did you say you are going on Pride of America tonight? Or was that someone else?

Tina

I am booked on the Pride of Aloha to leave tonight, to Fanning. I am in Hawaii now so no problem. I think I will go to the docks now to see if it really came in this morning as no one here answers any phones about anything...

Try being creative. I did a search and you can buy tickets on Orbitz for tomorrow to Honolulu from LAX for 2 people (don't know how many of you there are) with a return from HNL next Sunday. If you can get to HNL, you might be able to get an inter island flight to the port the next day. It would be extremely expensive but it would get you to your cruise.

Use a site like www.kayak.com and do an internet search.

I am booked on the Pride of Aloha to leave tonight, to Fanning. I am in Hawaii now so no problem. I think I will go to the docks now to see if it really came in this morning as no one here answers any phones about anything...

I actually had a picture of it sent to me today. It's there and looking beautiful.

Hawaiian Airlines is adding two special roundtrip flights between Honolulu and San Francisco for Monday, April 7, and Wednesday, April 9, as part of the Hawaii Tourism Authority?s

plan to charter flights for travelers displaced by ATA's closure.

Flight 1012 will depart Honolulu on both Monday and Wednesday at 2:20 p.m. and arrive in

San Francisco at 10:15 p.m. Return Flight 1011 will depart San Francisco those same evenings at 11:35 p.m. and arrive in Honolulu on Tuesday and Thursday morning, respectively, at 1:45 a.m. Displaced ATA travelers can make reservations for the two Honolulu-San Francisco flights at HawaiianAirlines.com/kokuafare after noon tomorrow. Passengers will need to show an ATA or Aloha Airlines ticket or confirmation number upon check-in.

On its own initiative, Hawaiian today added a special roundtrip Honolulu-San Francisco flight to help displaced ATA travelers. The flight was full in both directions.

Yes it is a beautiful tropic island. I love it and can't wait to get back. Warm ocean water, nice island crafts for sale at US $$, a nice visa stamp in your passport for 1$...

Actually I meant someone sent me a picture of the Pride of Aloha docked in Honolulu today.

I would rather be stuck in hawaii to be honest. I know San Diego is lovely, but Hawaii! We've never been

I'm so sorry about the whole thing being a giant screw over for you guys. But you know, I sort of admire the way you seem to be handling it all.

My wife & I were just talking and we think we also agree with you about how if it were us, we'd probably rather be stuck in Hawaii after or cruise than stuck and home unable to make the cruise. You have our sympathies and I hope that somehow, someday you're able to book Hawaii again. It's beautiful and worth the wait.

-Monte

The loss of two airlines here has folks in Hawaii wondering "just how do we get off this rock in the middle of the ocean"... With the price of oil going up maybe more airlines will collapse. ARG. Hawaii has already predicted the loss of at least 500,000 tourists a year. Please don't blame Hawaii for the airlines problems. The state can't bail out every business going belly up these days, and I fear it is just beginning.

Yes, as Vegas is the #1 tourist destination for Hawaiians (we're known as the 9th Island) there is already talk of how bad it's going to hit Vegas tourism as well. It goes both ways. Also, ATA was a big Vegas flyer.:(

Tina, I certainly understand your disappointment. We were booked on a cruise once where we found out only shortly before the cruise that the discount airline taking us to Tampa had closed their doors. No comparison really, because Hawaii wasn't involved, but similar circumstances. Thank goodness we had travel insurance and were able to get our airfare refunded.

Nonetheless your vacation was ruined. I'm very sorry!

Actually I meant someone sent me a picture of the Pride of Aloha docked in Honolulu today.

Oh please, what dock is it at? 10 or 2B? There are 2 NCL ships in today according to the morning paper...

At Aloha Tower or at the Warehouse?

Airbus makes plane is correct.

Skybus is the airline that folded. I knew what the OP meant and I think its kinda rude for this to be posted.

Originally Posted by garycarla viewpost.gif

To the person that said AirBus folded. Wrong. Airbus makes planes. There were three airlines, a few of which were rather small that folded. Suck$, but it is business.

If you knew about the third airline why not just correct and say it was skybus?

I don't think it was rude that this was pointed out...I didn't know...and what is the big deal anyway?

wrp96 - believe me, I've been creative and tried every angle and invested hours in this:)

It's me, my husband and 2 kids. Anything out there runs $1700 to $3500 or more a pop. That is $6800 to $14000 for our family of 4 just for airfare. we just can't afford that :(

Try being creative. I did a search and you can buy tickets on Orbitz for tomorrow to Honolulu from LAX for 2 people (don't know how many of you there are) with a return from HNL next Sunday. If you can get to HNL, you might be able to get an inter island flight to the port the next day. It would be extremely expensive but it would get you to your cruise.

Use a site like www.kayak.com and do an internet search.

To the OP of this thread

You definately have my sympathies. I can only imagine what a let down this is for you and your family. I hope it all works out for you.

I had an airline go out of business on my once, the same day that I got to Florida. It was a nightmare trying to get home, and yes, we did have to stay a few extra days. Luckily for us we were with family.

My parents were flying on an airline once and every time one of the planes would land at an airport, the banks were there to repossess the planes. They were bumped to different airlines, but it still took them 16 hours to get home from Florida.

Good luck and I hope it all works for you.

Archived