Captains Welcome Party & Captains Circle Party

Vanilla

Are the bars open for these partys or are the only drinks available the ones at are being passed around on trays? 2nd cruise on Princess so I guess we will be invited to the Return Customer Party... On RCL we were able to order from the bar instead of drinking the 'rum punch' being served. Thanks.

The bars are open during these events. As to whether you can attend each of the events and order your preference, I'm not sure.

One of the bar waiters told us that you could, but no frozen drinks, for the Captain's Cocktail party before the Captain's Dinner.

We went to the Captain's Circle party, and they had premade rum punch, screwdrivers and a couple of other kinds of mixed drinks. Canapes' were also passed out.

We have always ordered what we like at the parties.

Last time we were visiting with others we attended with and when the waiter came back he nicely said, excuse me, I hope you don't mind, I ordered you all a double. :) :) Great drinks! Just stay away from those already made up on the trays, they aren't worth the bother. IMHO

Just keep in mind, if I am not mistaken, you have to get a waiter to get your drinks, you can't just walk up to the bar anymore, at least on the last few sailings, to order what you want.

The captins cocktail part to welcome passengers onboard is for everyone. The past passenger party is hit and miss. Since you sailed on a sister line, sometimes you can go to the Captain's Circle hostess and get an invite to the past passenger party, sometimes not. So, give it a try, you never know!

Good Luck!

We always avoid the Captain's Welcome and Captain's Circle parties, and have found it's the perfect time to go to a bar/lounge, find a table and get a drink. No shortage of waiters to take your order and plenty of seating: most passengers are crowded into the parties for the free drinks.

We always avoid the Captain's Welcome and Captain's Circle parties, and have found it's the perfect time to go to a bar/lounge, find a table and get a drink. No shortage of waiters to take your order and plenty of seating: most passengers are crowded into the parties for the free drinks.

They crowd in there on a Princess cruise? For free drinks?? Those lowlifes. Must be some Carnival people on their first Princess cruise.

They crowd in there on a Princess cruise? For free drinks?? Those lowlifes. Must be some Carnival people on their first Princess cruise.
Yup. Without a doubt. :) After all, we know those Carnival people are boozers who think of a cruise as a Cancun beach party or perhaps, Animal House on the seas. N'est pas? Free is nice but we'd much rather relax away from the crowds.

We're with YOU !!!! went once first time--never again--don't need a free cocktail that badly--I do enjoy being invited to the Captains Lunch--most travelled--unfortuanately we only qualify for lunches that are on the Tahiatian Princess--3 times--oh well, someday, we 'll get to the big time--whichever ship--I sure enjoy the lunch!!!

Nancy:D

We're with YOU !!!! went once first time--never again--don't need a free cocktail that badly--I do enjoy being invited to the Captains Lunch--most travelled--unfortuanately we only qualify for lunches that are on the Tahiatian Princess--3 times--oh well, someday, we 'll get to the big time--whichever ship--I sure enjoy the lunch!!!
Exactly. :) We'll go to the lunch (when invited) because it's a small group and you spend almost two hours chatting directly with one of the officers. One time, on the Coral Princess, we sat with the Captain. That was nice.

Archived