Where is the Carnival transfer at Tampa airport?

tigercat

I am driving to the Tampa airport and using Carnival transfers to the airport and back. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could drop my sister off at the airport that would be really close to where we would be picking up the transfers. I would then take the car to the rental place at the airport and meet up with her. She can't walk very well so just wanted to save her from having to walk anymore than she needs to. I have a Budget rent a car so was also wondering where I have to go to take it back.

tigercat

I am driving to the Tampa airport and using Carnival transfers to the airport and back. I was wondering if anyone knew where I could drop my sister off at the airport that would be really close to where we would be picking up the transfers. I would then take the car to the rental place at the airport and meet up with her. She can't walk very well so just wanted to save her from having to walk anymore than she needs to. I have a Budget rent a car so was also wondering where I have to go to take it back.

tigercat

They are a number of Carnival agents @ the baggage claim area who can direct you to the bus.

Bob

T-cat,

I'm curious as to why you are driving to the airport to catch a shuttle over to the cruisedock. Maybe I'm not following something correctly. Do you plan to drop her at the airport, then return the car to Budget, catch their shuttle back to the airport terminal, then take Carnival's bus to the cruise docks? Seems like an awful lot of extra steps to me. If that is your plan, my thoughts would be to do this instead:

*drive the car to the cruise port; go to the drivethrough luggage drop & check your luggage with the porters.

*drive the car to the Budget office (it's just outside the airport, iirc) & return it.

*catch a cab from there back to the cruise port.

Your sis could do one of 2 things - either stay with you & catch the cab back, or you could drop her off at the cruise port when you drop the luggage. There's a Joffreys coffee shop right beside the luggage checkin, she could wait for you in there.

We are flying into Orlando airport and visiting some friends before the cruise. We are then driving to the airport (because that was the easiest place to return the car to) and taking a transfer to the dock. I don't dare leave her for too long anywhere. She would get really nervous.

tigercat

Archived