Help, I can't figure out what time it is...

AandBmom

Hi, I'm making arrangements to meet a private driver for the day in Cozumel and he wants to know what time to meet me and he mentioned that Cozumel time is 1 hr behind Florida time. According to the Carnival website my ship arrives at 10am. Can anyone please advise if Carnival is talking Cozumel time or Florida time? Also, given that we dock at 10am, what time should I expect to be off the ship and able to meet someone, assuming that we get up and get moving as early as possible. Thanks.

The cruise line will make an announcement of time change sometime after u leave your us port an before u arrive at mexico so if carnival is saying u arrive at 10 then that is 10 mexico time and thats the time u tell your driver.

I asked the same question on the Carnival board. The answers I got was that the ship time is Florida time (if your ship departs from Florida). So if you are due into Cozumel at 10am ship time it will be 9am Cozumel time.

We were at Cozumel (through Royal Caribbean) this past Friday (4-4-08). This is how it was: we had an excursion scheduled for 1pm but on my dh's watch it was 2pm (ship time). I was extremely confused because no one on the ship told us about the time difference. But once we got out into Cozumel we noticed the time difference. We NEVER changed dh's watch time because that is the ship's time and that is more important than anything because we do not want to be left behind. So I hope this helps you out.

Nelly

Most ships on Western Caribbean cruises switch from Eastern Time to Central Time after leaving Florida, and before arriving in Mexico, which puts you in Cozumel on local time, not ship time.

Cozumel is on Central Daylight Time, one hour behind Florida, so if you don't set your watch back, your watch will be one hour off.

I am almost certain that Carnival arrives at 10:00 AM local Cozumel time, though to be 100% sure make sure to call you ship. After you verify this, then you should just be able to tell your guide when you're arriving, and he should be able to know to be there to pick you up at a certain time - you shouldn't need to worry about figuring the exact time it will take you to get off the ship.

However, if he's picking you up at the pier, then 10:30 AM should suffice. If you're being picked up elsewhere, then I suggest 11:00 AM.

Hope this helps stir up the mud a bit! Have a great time!

Hi, I'm making arrangements to meet a private driver for the day in Cozumel and he wants to know what time to meet me and he mentioned that Cozumel time is 1 hr behind Florida time. According to the Carnival website my ship arrives at 10am. Can anyone please advise if Carnival is talking Cozumel time or Florida time? Also, given that we dock at 10am, what time should I expect to be off the ship and able to meet someone, assuming that we get up and get moving as early as possible. Thanks.

Excellent question! I have been struggling with this one as well. Thanks for everyone who helped to enlighten me.

Archived