Check-In

Cookie2boys

I've read where when you're dropping off a rental car, it's best to have the driver drop off family and luggage at port and then driver goes and drop off rental car and catch shuttle back to port. My question is, do I have to wait until the driver (husband) returns to check in the family or can I check him in while he's returning the car? I know it varies, but on average, about how long does it takes the driver to get back to the port after he drops us off if we're dropped off around 9:30. Just want to make sure he does not have a hard time finding us and also don't want to get caught in the "crowd" once we begin boarding. Thanks.

I've read where when you're dropping off a rental car, it's best to have the driver drop off family and luggage at port and then driver goes and drop off rental car and catch shuttle back to port. My question is, do I have to wait until the driver (husband) returns to check in the family or can I check him in while he's returning the car? I know it varies, but on average, about how long does it takes the driver to get back to the port after he drops us off if we're dropped off around 9:30. Just want to make sure he does not have a hard time finding us and also don't want to get caught in the "crowd" once we begin boarding. Thanks.

The port opens at 10 a.m. sharp, so dont arrive before then or you'll be asked to park across the street and wait until they tell you it is ok to go check in.

But yes have him leave you and the luggage off and return the car.

You can check all of you in, just have his passport and all the paperowrk, also the credit card your using for your ship board account.

He will need a photo ID such as a drivers license to be admitted back into the terminal area.

The car rental places are only 5 minutes from the terminal however he may have to wait a few minutes until they get a few people in the van, they dont like to run it for just one person, but that wont take long in the morning.

Usually he will be 30 to 45 minutes before he returns to you.

Boarding starts around 11:30, sometimes noon. You will be given a boarding number when you check in, so no need to stand in line, just grab a seat and relax, take photos, greet a couple of characters, watch cartoons on one of many small TV's, check the kids in for kids clubs int he front of the terminal.

If your boarding number should be called before he arrives (in case you arrive late) no worries, wait for him, then just show your pass and board, no matter what number they are calling. as long as your already called you can go at any time.

mom x4,grandma x4

I have questions about this same process. If my husband drops the kids and I off and returns the car, I don't get how I can check him in even if I have his passport?

Don't they need to see the person, or do you go through security later? I just don't get it.

Thanks momx4, grandmax4; your advice is always great!

yes you can still check all of you in. It only takes one adult from each family to check in, as long as you have the proper ID and the credit card for your room account.

then when you get ready to board the ship they will look at each persons passport and their face and their room card. That is the security check before boarding.

No worries, it is easy to do.

mom x4,grandma x4

We did this in October. The porter told us how to do everything. I just took the kids with me through security, and then checked us all in. at the time the line was longer for those who were CC members than the regular line.

Dh got back in plenty of time. We still had to wait to board the ship.

We will do this again in the fall. :)

Thanks for helping us new ppl out! I am so glad to know that we can be dropped at the port and my husband can return the rental.

My next question though is about luggage...

I will have two young kids and a pretty decent amount of luggage to handle at check in if my husband drops us all off. My question is can he keep some or most of the luggage with him?

I didn't know if the luggage had to be checked in at the door, at check-in or what? I didn't know whether our luggage can arrive with him after I have already checked him in?

What has worked for people in the past?

thanks so much !

Thanks for helping us new ppl out! I am so glad to know that we can be dropped at the port and my husband can return the rental.

My next question though is about luggage...

I will have two young kids and a pretty decent amount of luggage to handle at check in if my husband drops us all off. My question is can he keep some or most of the luggage with him?

I didn't know if the luggage had to be checked in at the door, at check-in or what? I didn't know whether our luggage can arrive with him after I have already checked him in?

What has worked for people in the past?

thanks so much !

He can drop you off right with the porter and help you with the bags the porters are right at the drop off point. Or he can check all the luggage in - and you can take the children upstairs. To make a long story longer - It does not matter if you check in before your bags. Enjoy your cruise

MAL

we will be arriving at the port about 1pm because I don't want to wait and I heard the crowds can be crazy so we are going to go to the beach shop a bit near the pier area and enjoy the day. plus by 1:30 for the most part our room will be ready so we should be able to go right to our room.

Now, should we drop our luggage off at the pier and I and my kids wait for my husband since we will be arriving at 1 pm and then my dh bring the car back or should we all return the car together and then have budget bring us and our luggage to the port???

cheryl

Cheryl,

drop off the luggage first and wait for your husband to return the car.

sometimes the shuttles get packed so the less to go on them the better off you are.

There are cartoons playing to entertain the kids while you wait.

mom x4,grandma x4

So my husband drops me and my kids and my luggage off at the ship

do I keep his passport? Since we will be arriving about 1 pm I don't think

the lines will be that long at this point. Do I start the check in or do i need to wait for him??

cheryl

You can keep his passport if you want and get the check in done so whenhe arrives you can just walk on the ship or wait for him before checking in.

Myself I would go ahead and check in, then watch cartoons with the kids or let them get autographs if characters are in the terminal still. Then when your husband arrives you can just board with NO delays.

This is the easiest way to do it.

If you decide to check in without him, make sure you have his passport and the credit card you want to to use for your ship board account. even though you have filled out the number on your paper work they still need to see the card upon check in.

Your husband will have to show his driver license or a photo ID to be admitted to the terminal area when he returns. Since he is driving he will have his license which will take care of it.

Your all set and ready to have a Magical cruise!!:D

mom x4,grandma x4

You can keep his passport if you want and get the check in done so whenhe arrives you can just walk on the ship or wait for him before checking in.

Myself I would go ahead and check in, then watch cartoons with the kids or let them get autographs if characters are in the terminal still. Then when your husband arrives you can just board with NO delays.

This is the easiest way to do it.

If you decide to check in without him, make sure you have his passport and the credit card you want to to use for your ship board account. even though you have filled out the number on your paper work they still need to see the card upon check in.

Your husband will have to show his driver license or a photo ID to be admitted to the terminal area when he returns. Since he is driving he will have his license which will take care of it.

Your all set and ready to have a Magical cruise!!:D

mom x4,grandma x4

thanks momx4 grandma x4 you have answered so many of my questions but I do have one more quick question (I promise lol) do you think even at 1 or 1:30 the characters will still be in the terminal??

I have seen them a couple of times in the afternoon, but cant promise it happens everytime since we usually get there early.

They come out for 20 minutes at a time and rotate who is out there.

Please feel free to ask all the questions you may have, people here are happy to help and I will try to help if I can. I have experienced almost every area of the ship personally. I havnt done spa treatments but friends have, so I can share their experiences.

we have had grandkids and friends from ages 18 months to 16 years of age cruise with us, so we have done most of what it offered.

Happy to share what I know when ever I can to help.

mom x4,grandma x4

Please feel free to ask all the questions you may have, people here are happy to help and I will try to help if I can. I have experienced almost every area of the ship personally. I havnt done spa treatments but friends have, so I can share their experiences.

we have had grandkids and friends from ages 18 months to 16 years of age cruise with us, so we have done most of what it offered.

Happy to share what I know when ever I can to help.

mom x4,grandma x4

Thanks for your kind words!! getting very excited we leave friday

for our western magic cruise !!

Archived