Car rental in Progreso

Hello folks. I'll be in Progreso May 12, 2008 (Carnival Holiday) with friends and we are planning to rent a car to go to Chichen Itza. Has anyone done that recently (in 2008?) I heard there's no longer a car rental place in Progreso.... any advice would be very helpful... thanks!

To the best of our knowledge, there isn't a car rental agency in Progreso. I'm not sure how many will be in your group, but you would probably be about the same cost, with much less hassle, hiring a private van and driver. Go down to the main square, 2 blocks south on Calle 80 from the Casa de Cultura and speak with the van drivers there. Bargain!

Dear all... There is a car rental representative of EXECUTIVE company right at the port in Progreso, right next to the duty free shop, they give and receive the car right in the port, you don't have to get the shuttle down to Progreso's Casa de la Cultura. Is the only agency in the port maybe you should try to find a web site of them. Regards.Mexboat.

Archived