Just back from Liberty - Eastern Carib

pertfred

Before sailing Carnival we sailed NCL twice and yes hand santizer everywhere on the NCL ships. I have enjoyed all of our Carnival cruises and tend to select them for ports of call many more choices. We are sailing on the Liberty on Sept 27th to the western caribbean

My husband & I will be cruising on the Liberty 0426 as well. Our friends just got off on Sunday and I cant wait to hear how they enjoyed it. They had sailed the Liberty western tour in October and loved it. We are looking forward to revisiting St. Thomas, taking a Godfrey tour. I am just excited to get away again.

robvan:p

Cori,

I arrived at about 12:30 or 12:45pm and of course the process was a long one...most everyone was trying to get onboard at the same time. It was a full ship. Just know if you get there then, it will be crowded - show up earlier and it shouldn't be so bad.

The way I look at it, when you travel on a full ship, expect lines. I felt Carnival did the best they could in processing over 3000 people. It took us about 30 minutes or so.

I think you should try to get to the port as early as possible. I dont know if they let you ck-in before 11am.

By the way, earlthepearl, for some reason the waters between sju-stt were pretty rough that nite. It was worse out of st. thomas the next night. I used the 2 seabands and bonine. That worked fine.

Bring hand santizer, but I think to prevent the norovirus you need to wash your hands with soap and water.

Also, I brought duct tape along. It helped to keep my curtains closed. Tape the curtain to the wall. Sometimes that little bit on light creeps thru the window!

I'm really happy to hear that you enjoyed your meals and the entertainment. I guess as far as not having hand sanitizers....it's not going to ruin my cruise.....I'll just bring my own. Just wish they had them available for everyone else ;)

Can you give me some more info about your tour in St Thomas? where did you go...how much $$...how long.....THANKS

The tour in St. Thomas was a private tour with Sunny Liston. He is hilarious. You get shopping time, beach time, and a great island tour completely around the whole island. He is a character. Very happy man. He sings and plays music while you tour. His wife also gives the same tour. I think we paid like $25 a person. Go to sunnylistontours dot com and check it out. We opted for 2 hours of shopping, which means we left the ship at 9 am and he had us back to the ship at 4:30.

Cori,

I arrived at about 12:30 or 12:45pm and of course the process was a long one...most everyone was trying to get onboard at the same time. It was a full ship. Just know if you get there then, it will be crowded - show up earlier and it shouldn't be so bad.

The way I look at it, when you travel on a full ship, expect lines. I felt Carnival did the best they could in processing over 3000 people. It took us about 30 minutes or so.

Thanks , I think we will try to arrive early then. Appreciate your help.

Cori

The tour in St. Thomas was a private tour with Sunny Liston. He is hilarious. You get shopping time, beach time, and a great island tour completely around the whole island. He is a character. Very happy man. He sings and plays music while you tour. His wife also gives the same tour. I think we paid like $25 a person. Go to sunnylistontours dot com and check it out. We opted for 2 hours of shopping, which means we left the ship at 9 am and he had us back to the ship at 4:30.

Woot Woot! :D What a great tour. Just loved the banana daiquiris.

Ashlee, You were lucky to have cabin 6368 and 6396. They are midship and over the arcade, not a niteclub like mine was. You will hear noise in the aft part of the ship. My fellow cruisemates by me were also amazed at the amount of noise. Maybe my sailing was jammin' more than yours! At least Carnival cuts it off my 1230am.

We just got back from the Liberty, and the bars we went to were open late.

The disco closed around 3am, Piano bar 1am, Victoria lounge around 12-12:30. We were on the Upper Deck (6) room 6336 (inside cabin), and I would book it again. Very quiet, and close to elevators.

Sam

We went on the Sunny Liston tour also. It was great. He will ask what beach the group wants to go to. So do some research and see what sounds good to you. Then try to talk your group into going. We went to Sapphire Beach, it was very windy that day. They rent chairs, you can get food ( not bad ), and a small store. It was ok, I have been to better. The wind might be what made it not so good this time. But I always like going to any beach. That is why we moved from Penna. to Florida, just South of Tampa. We have many beaches near us. All are great, but no Blus Water.

HAVE FUN WE DID

SAM:cool:

We were in St. Thomas on Tuesday and saw Liberty there. We were two hours late getting there because of the rough seas. My DH didn't think it was rough...slept like a baby. Me, I was awake most of the night. There is also Fish & Chips on Glory. Again DH loved it and I thought it was just okay. First day we have the soup, not going to try to spell it, and it was delicious, got it again a few days later and it was not good at all.

Can they afford to put at least paper towels in the public bathrooms instead those blow drier things. Maybe people would actually wash their hands.

Are you saying you would not wash your hands because you would have to take an extra moment for the hand drier or were you actually monitoring to see how many people washed their hands?

Just for the record .. I like papertowels too but would certainly not dis washing my hands because of a hand drier.

Wow...$25. a person!!!

I will definitely contact him.....

sounds like fun.....can't wait...

Thanks

Smokin - the ships use the air dryers both to cut down on paper waste as well as costs. They don't have to add the weight and storage and cost of all those rolls of towels to the ship, and they aren't using up trees in the process.

I'm with you - the dryers are a pain but it makes sense why they use them instead of towels.

Has anyone else here tried United Airport Parking? The price for us to park for our 8 night cruise is only $66.66 with tax. We are seriously considering it for our cruise Saturday. If the only problem is a wait for the shuttles, I think we can handle that.

I guess I will bring my own hand stuff:eek:

Hey Pugs! I think you'll find the ship very clean - by all means bring your own but I wasn't bothered by there not being any out there. I think they are afraid that if the sanitizers are out there that people will use them instead of washing their hands and since the sanitizers don't kill Noro it could cause more problems. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing them as an extra precaution.

I do wash my hands lots and am cautious about things like elevator buttons and railings - I try not to touch my face after I've touched them. I spent my college years waiting tables so I'm very conscious of what procedures I should see in the food areas and thought everything was exceptionally clean on the Liberty. It's not a bad idea before you sit down to a buffet meal to use the sanitizer just as an extra precaution, though -you never know who's hands have been on those buffet utensils. :eek:

Hey Pugs! I think you'll find the ship very clean - by all means bring your own but I wasn't bothered by there not being any out there. I think they are afraid that if the sanitizers are out there that people will use them instead of washing their hands and since the sanitizers don't kill Noro it could cause more problems. Still, I wouldn't mind seeing them as an extra precaution.

I do wash my hands lots and am cautious about things like elevator buttons and railings - I try not to touch my face after I've touched them. I spent my college years waiting tables so I'm very conscious of what procedures I should see in the food areas and thought everything was exceptionally clean on the Liberty. It's not a bad idea before you sit down to a buffet meal to use the sanitizer just as an extra precaution, though -you never know who's hands have been on those buffet utensils. :eek:

Your right! I am around kids all day, I never put my hands to my face. I wash my hands often, some times to much .. In the winter they dry out really bad. Hand sanitizer is a little over rated for what they say it kills.

Kristy, We used United airport parking and wouldnt recommend it. Their shuttles took a half hour each way to pick up and drop off. i dont think their lot is secured at nite and they keep your keys while your cruising. They were almost impossible to find even with a gps. They are know as quality. so you drive around looking for united without finding it. try calling the comfort inn and suites fll/pier. i was going to use them if i overnited. they have a daily rate, dont remember how much, and a shuttle. i dont know if your in a locked, secured lot. good luck, have fun:p

Has anyone else here tried United Airport Parking? The price for us to park for our 8 night cruise is only $66.66 with tax. We are seriously considering it for our cruise Saturday. If the only problem is a wait for the shuttles, I think we can handle that.

Krispy, we sailed out of port canaveral last fall. I think it was parking at the cruise terminal was 70.00, maybe 80.00. Can't remember exactly, but well worth it. Would much rather pay that than have to deal with off site parking and shuttles. We arrived early and parked in garage. Not sure of the situation in Miami, but would definitely go this route again if available!

• 1 year later...
We just got back from the Liberty, and the bars we went to were open late.

The disco closed around 3am, Piano bar 1am, Victoria lounge around 12-12:30. We were on the Upper Deck (6) room 6336 (inside cabin), and I would book it again. Very quiet, and close to elevators.

Sam

do you have any photos of 6336? i am booked in it for sept.

Archived