HORSEBACK RIDING? Any suggestions?

iloverecker

• 3 weeks later...

We just got back from Serenade of the Seas.

We used Ocean Echo stables for the three of us. They picked us up at the dock, just outside the checkpoint (a five minute walk). There were a lot of taxi drivers waiting to offer a ride, and I thought we'd be inundated, but we only had two people approach us, very lower pressure and a simple "no thanks" worked. The ride to the stables is about 30 minutes, and the scenery is a nice mix of residential and countryside.

They provided helmets if you wanted, the saddles/riding style is English. My wife and daughter took lessons for a year, and I've done a dozen trail rides over the years. They got the chance to trot, while I was happy walking along on my horse. The horses were very well kept, unlike a lot of horses you see on the island.

They took us along the road, past some banana fields (forests?). They stopped and grabbed us some fresh bananas (yum). We then made our way down to the beach and rode along there for a while before making our way back up the hill to the riding stables. We booked a two hour ride and we got a two hour ride (some places cut it way short_. The scenery was wonderful. This was the highlight of our cruise and the best horseback riding trip we took.

Afterwards they dropped us off at a restaurant called Brown Sugar (in Aquatic Gap-Bridgetown) at our request, saving us the taxi fare from the port to there. They also pointed out a water sports place around the corner where we rented a jet ski. We wouldn't have known about that if they hadn't been nice enough to point it out.

Their website is:

www dot barbadoshorseriding dot com/index.html

• 3 weeks later...

We went horseback riding--booked through RCI. It was one of the best excursions I've ever done on any cruise. The horses were extremely well trained. The views and landscape were beautiful. Overall--wondeful memories.

Archived