Fuel Surcharge - Completely Confused

Nymue

The fuel surcharge was reversed, or will be refunded, to those that they back charged before it was annouced to take effect. In other words, those that booked before that date were having it added to their final payment even though they booked before it was announced. They have not stopped the fuel charge and up until the 21st of this month, it will stay at $5 pp for the first two passengers in a stateroom. After that date, any bookings made the surcharge will be $7 pp for the first two passengers and $2 for other passengers in the stateroom. This is per day, per person.

Toto is correct. The only difference is this time they are telling passengers about the fuel charge ahead of time instead of after the fact.

No surprises, everyone will know the fuel surcharge when they book.

Mike:)

funny i had booked in march 2007 for crown cruise in feb 08.. i havent received a refund
It should show up in the same manner as you paid for your cruise. Many have already received the refund on their credit cards in the past day or two.

I booked in July '07 for Grand Princess Med cruise in Oct '08. I received an email with a corrected invoice from my TA on 11/8/07 telling me of the fuel surcharge for our cruise.

Now that the Carnival family has decided (with the help of the Florida Attorney General) to reverse those charges on already booked cruises, I contacted my TA last week. It took a week for Princess to finally reverse the charge, as my final payment isn't until August, so it's just a matter of correcting the invoice for me.

But my TA called this morning, and she has been notified by Princess of the reversal of the fuel surcharge from my invoice. I'm waiting for new invoice to arrive in my inbox as I write.

Archived